| META TOPICPARENT
Installing Multiple Versions of PHP
For Enkompass 1.6.1 and later
When you installed Enkompass, you set up the IIS file share folder. PHP is installed in this folder.
To install additional versions of PHP, you'll need to locate the IIS file share. If you cannot remember its location, you can find it in the
EnkompassConfig.txt file, which was placed on the desktop of the user who installed Enkompass.
The screenshot below shows the PHP version saved in a sample IIS file share (located, in this case, at
\\DOC1\iis_config\PHP on the server's network). In this example, the Enkompass installer placed one version of PHP in the
PHP folder. It also gave the folder the proper permissions to allow every website to access that version of PHP.
To install additional versions of PHP:
PHP resides in the IIS file share.
- Navigate to http://windows.php.net/download/, and download the
.zip file for the PHP version(s) you wish to install.
- Both the 64-bit and x86 PHP releases will work with Enkompass.
- Download the non-thread-safe release. Fast-CGI provides threading protection on your server by isolating calls in different processes.
- In your IIS file share, create a subfolder for each new PHP version you wish to install. The new subfolder(s) should reside in the
- Unzip the PHP
.zip file(s), and copy the unzipped contents into the appropriate folder(s).
- Edit the following settings in each PHP release's
Next, you can configure each domain's PHP version.
fastcgi.impersonate = 1
date.timezone = GMT
cgi.fix_pathinfo = 1
cgi.force_redirect = 0
extension_dir = "ext"
- Set PAGETITLE = Installing Multiple Versions of PHP
| META FILEATTACHMENT
|| attachment="phpfileshare.jpg" attr="h" comment="" date="1298988276" name="phpfileshare.jpg" path="phpfileshare.jpg" size="125475" stream="phpfileshare.jpg" tmpFilename="/var/tmp/CGItemp62464" user="MelanieSeibert" version="1"
| META FILEATTACHMENT
|| attachment="phpfileshare2.jpg" attr="h" comment="" date="1298988290" name="phpfileshare2.jpg" path="phpfileshare2.jpg" size="135690" stream="phpfileshare2.jpg" tmpFilename="/var/tmp/CGItemp62339" user="MelanieSeibert" version="1"