For WHM versions 11.25/11.26
This section of WHM lets you manage SQL databases on your server.
- Change a User or Database Password — This feature allows you to change passwords for a database or a database user. As this feature does not require the old password, this can be useful if a password is compromised or forgotten.
- MySQL Root Password — This feature allows you to set a root MySQL password. By default, no root password is set. You should ensure that a very secure password is used, because if this password were to be compromised, the attacker would have access to any database associated with your server. You will not need to remember this password unless you plan on logging into any of your databases as the root user.
- Repair a Database — This feature will attempt fix a database that is not properly functioning by examining and repairing tables that may have been corrupted.
- Setup Remote MySQL Server — This feature allows you to place your MySQL databases on a remote server that is running MySQL. Using a separate server for MySQL can be useful for busy servers or servers with large databases, allowing you to offload MySQL-related work to the remote MySQL server.
- Show MySQL Processes — This feature is a list of any processes that are currently being run on any database on your server.
Topic revision: r6 - 27 Nov 2009 - 18:44:38 - MelanieSeibert