For WHM versions 11.25/11.26
This area of WHM helps you to manage software installed on your server.
- EasyApache (Apache Update) — This feature will allow you to update and reconfigure your Apache web server using a script called EasyApache (EA3).
- Install a Perl Module — A Perl module is a piece of software in the Perl programming language. Often, Perl modules are used within scripts. To properly integrate a Perl module into a script, the module will need to be retrieved from a central repository and installed on your server.
- Install a RPM — RPM stands for Red Hat Package Manager and can be used to refer to both a software format and the software packaged within the RPM itself. For more information about RPMs, you should visit http://rpm.org to view the documentation.
- Module Installers — This feature provides access to 4 interfaces for finding and installing modules for PHP, Ruby, and Perl. Often, individual modules are used within a number of scripts. To properly integrate a module into a script, the module will need to be retrieved from a central repository and installed on your server.
- MySQL Upgrade — This interface allows you to upgrade MySQL. This feature is only available in cPanel 11.25.
- Rebuild RPM Database — This feature will attempt to rebuild the RPM database if it has become corrupt.
- Update Server Software — This feature allows you to update much of the software that cPanel and WHM require to run.
- Update System Software — This feature will update any Perl modules or related packages that are required by WHM and cPanel.
Topic revision: r6 - 15 Dec 2009 - 23:43:31 - Main.JustinSchaefer