Apache Pre-Installation Configuration
For cPanel & WHM version 11.28
You can configure the Apache web server before installation, using our EasyApache system. This is useful during the server’s provisioning process. Accomplishing this task, however, requires that you access another server that is already configured and running EasyApache.
There are 2 interfaces you can use to create a new EasyApache profile:
- The command line interface. Open a terminal window, and use the ssh command to log into the server which is already running EasyApache. Then, type
- The graphical WHM interface. The profile can also be built in WHM under the Software tab. Click Apache Update.
These 2 interfaces, while they are used differently, present the same set of options.
The EasyApache configuration options range from which versions of Apache and PHP to install to specific security and bandwidth preferences. You set up your new profile by selecting these options in a step-by-step interface.
When you reach step 5 of EasyApache:
- Access the Exhaustive Options List (in either interface).
- This will allow your new profile to be created without compiling and installing it on the working server.
- Assign a file name, a display name, and a brief profile description to your new EA3 profile.
- Selet Save Only (Do Not Build).
- This action will store the new profile to
/var/cpanel/easy/apache/profile/custom/ without recompiling the working versions of Apache and PHP.
Your new profile, once it has been created, needs to be copied to
on the new server using the scp
If you'd like more information about EasyApache:
- Consult the documentation of the EasyApache WHM screen for more information regarding configuration options.
- See our documentation on Apache and cPanel/WHM? for more information about customizing your configuration.
Topic revision: r12 - 02 Dec 2010 - 13:33:25 - Main.MelanieSeibert