Exhaustive Options List
For WHM version 11.28
(Main >> Software >> EasyApache (Apache Update)
This part of the interface allows you to select the features to include with your EasyApache profile.
Read through each one and select the features you would like to include with your profile.
By clicking More Info
, you can visit the feature’s website to read the documentation concerning that feature.
Take care to select only the features you will use, as each feature you select will have some impact on your server’s performance.
To select features to include in your EasyApache profile:
- Click the checkboxes corresponding to the features you wish to include.
- Remember: Only select features you will use.
- Important: Read the descriptions and documentation on each feature if you think you might like to include it in the Easy Apache profile.
- If you wish to save your custom configuration for later use, it may be helpful to assign it a filename, a name for display on WHM, and to add notes. This is optional, and can be done under the Save Selections as Custom Profile heading.
- Choose the next step:
- Click Save only (Do NOT Build) to store this EasyApache profile without installing it on the server. This is useful, for example, if you wish to store an EasyApache profile that you would like to load on other servers before cPanel/WHM are installed.
- The profile will be saved to your server’s hard drive but will not be installed. Next, you may choose from 2 options:
- Build profile I just saved — Clicking this button will install the profile that you have just created.
- Go back to profile screen — Clicking this button will return you to the first page of this interface without installing the EasyApache profile that you have just created.
- Click Save and Build to save the new profile and use it on your server.
- The EasyApache profile you have just built will automatically be used on your server. The profile will also be stored on your server until you delete it using the Delete link on the Profile page.
If you chose to save and build your custom configuration, WHM will ask whether you wish to recompile PHP and Apache. You must
to do this to install the new EasyApache profile.
- Click Yes to continue the build.
- Clicking No will not build and install the EasyApache profile you have just created.
- Acknowledge that terminating the build process will result in the loss of data by clicking I Understand.
- The build process will take a few minutes; please be patient.
- At any point during the build process, you may use the 4 links at the top of the page. These links are:
- Profile details — Opens a small pop-up that displays the Apache and PHP versions and features active in the profile you are building. To view the Apache documentation for any of the listed features, you can click its More Info link.
- Raw profile — Opens a small pop-up that displays the profile you are building in plain text.
- Download profile — Downloads a copy of the EasyApache profile in plain text. This is useful if you would like to install the same EasyApache files across a number of servers without configuring each one individually.
- About Profiles — Opens a small pop-up that contains general information about EasyApache profiles, including what they do and where they reside.
- WHM will display a new screen with information about the EasyApache profile that is being built.
- Click Show More Build Details to enlarge the window detailing the build process.
- Click Disable Auto Scroll to prevent the text box from automatically scrolling along with the build information.
- Note: This option cannot be undone once it is checked.
- WHM will then let you configure suEXEC and PHP. For details regarding these options, please refer to the Apache Configuration documentation.
- Click Save New Configuration.
- WHM will display the new PHP and suEXEC configuration. You may close the Configure Suexec and PHP window.
- To edit the PHP and suEXEC configuration at any point, access the PHP and SuExec Configuration option from WHM’s Apache Configuration screen.
- Your custom profile will automatically be stored to the server.
: Once the build is complete, you may want to click Download Log
to download a detailed, plain text log of the build process. This can be useful if you intend to use this EasyApache profile on other servers.
Topic revision: r3 - 22 Aug 2011 - 18:33:11 - Main.GeorgeAlpizar