For cPanel version 11.30
Databases in cPanel can be accessed remotely, by other web servers. This can be useful if you wish to allow applications such as shopping carts or guestbooks on your other servers to access the databases.
Allow a Remote Server to Access Your Databases
To specify remote servers able to access MySQL databases on your server:
- Type the host’s name or IP address into the Host field.
- You may enter a fully qualified domain name (FQDN) or an IP address.
- You may use % as a wildcard. For instance, to allow access from all IP addresses beginning with
192.68.0, you can enter
- Click Add Host.
Prevent a Remote Server From Accessing Your Databases
To disallow a host from accessing databases on your server:
- Click the X icon next to the host’s name or IP address.
- If you are sure you wish to prevent the server from accessing your databases, click Yes.
Topic revision: r5 - 24 Jan 2011 - 22:15:43 - Main.JustinSchaefer