About cPanel & WHM Long-Term Support
For cPanel & WHM 11.30
Hosting providers often prefer to maintain a homogenous environment of software and applications, including the deployed version of cPanel & WHM. Using a specific update tier
(such as STABLE, RELEASE, or CURRENT) is generally sufficient to ensure a consistent environment across many servers.
In some circumstances, providers would prefer not to rely upon cPanel's tiered release system to dictate the installed version of cPanel & WHM. Additionally, providers requiring a specific version of cPanel & WHM need an assured method of deploying new installations of cPanel & WHM, even when that version is no longer the current production release.
The purpose of Long-Term Support
We actively develop cPanel & WHM, and release new builds frequently. Traditionally, more conservative users have elected to completely disable software updates in order to maintain control over their deployments of cPanel & WHM. The Long-Term Support (LTS) initiative provides an alternative to disabling updates, and will help ensure that cPanel & WHM servers receive important updates and fixes.
The 11.30 release of cPanel & WHM officially introduces the Long-Term Support initiative.
- Long-Term Support releases will be available for each major version of cPanel & WHM. Going forward, this will include 11.30, 11.32, 11.34, and so forth.
- The LTS versions will be available as upgrades from previous cPanel & WHM versions, as well as new cPanel & WHM installations.
- Over the lifespan of an LTS release, we will provide security and other critical updates.
- Note: LTS releases will not receive new features unless deemed critical to a release's viability, or to ensure compatibility with later versions of cPanel & WHM.
- An LTS release's lifespan will last a minimum of 18 months from the initial publication of the production version.(1) Depending upon circumstances, the LTS period may be extended at the discretion of cPanel, Inc.
Various third-party applications are provided with cPanel & WHM (for example, MySQL and Roundcube).
When installed with an LTS version of cPanel & WHM, these third-party applications will continue to receive critical and security-related updates. However, fixes may occur in the form of back-ported patches, rather than upgrades to the latest version of the application.
The development and distribution of EasyApache is not tied to the release of cPanel & WHM.
We will continue to provide updates to EasyApache as it applies to an LTS release of cPanel & WHM. However, certain features may rely upon a specific version of cPanel & WHM.
If the currently installed version of cPanel & WHM does not meet the EasyApache version requirement, the new functionality or feature will not be available.
Site Software (cPAddons)
Site Software will continue to receive updated applications throughout the lifespan of an LTS release.
WHM Plugins will continue to receive updated applications throughout the lifespan of an LTS release.
Schedule for Long-Term Support Releases of cPanel & WHM
| cPanel & WHM Version
|| Approximate Release Date
|| Anticipated End of Life*
|| July 13, 2011
|| January 13, 2013
cPanel & WHM releases which have reached End of Life
- Are unavailable for installation
- Will no longer receive fixes or patches from cPanel, Inc.
Development releases of cPanel & WHM do not qualify for LTS. We do not consider their publication dates when calculating an LTS version's lifespan.