Step 1: Important Facts about Installation
- cPanel & WHM 11.30
- cPanel DNSONLY
: Troubleshooting a Recent Installation
— Read this document if you encounter problems installing cPanel & WHM.
Before you install cPanel & WHM or cPanel DNSONLY, you should know that:
- Because cPanel is designed for commercial hosting, we only license publicly visible, static IP addresses. We do not license dynamic, sticky, or internal IPs.
- You should not use NAT when configuring your network settings. Your server should have its own public IP address.
- At this time, we do not provide an uninstaller. Once you have installed cPanel software, you must reformat the server to remove it.
- You should only install cPanel & WHM on a freshly installed operating system.
- The cPanel & WHM installer will install all of the services it needs. If you install services before cPanel & WHM, you will encounter compatibility problems. When you install your operating system, make sure to deselect software package groups such as a Gnome, KDE, and any other GUI desktop environments.
- You will need a working package handler such as yum or up2date (included in default installations of CentOS and Red Hat Enterprise Linux).
Topic revision: r61 - 21 Nov 2011 - 23:22:31 - LindseyLWhite