For WHM version 11.30
This area of the WHM interface allows you to perform several functions relating to creating and managing user accounts.
- Change Site's IP Address — The Change Site’s IP Address feature allows you to select an account and change its IP address. This needs to be done, for example, if you would like each reseller to have a unique IP address or if you would like to host SSL sites.
- Create a New Account — This feature is essential for web hosting, as it allows you to create new cPanel accounts.
- Email All Users — This feature allows you to email every cPanel user simultaneously.
- Manage Shell Access — This feature allows you to manage which of your accounts are able to access your server remotely through a command line interface such as Terminal for Mac® or PuTTy for Windows®.
- Modify an Account — This feature will allow you to select and redefine an account’s settings. For example, you may want to change the account’s main domain.
- Modify Suspended Account Page — This feature, which allows you to change the page that visitors will see when attempting to visit a suspended website, has been moved to the Web Template Editor screen.
- Password Modification — This feature allows you to change passwords for any of your existing reseller or cPanel accounts.
- Quota Modification — This feature allows you to change an account’s quota. The quota is the maximum amount of disk space an account can use on your server.
- Raw Apache Log Download — This feature allows you to download raw access logs of the Apache web server’s activities. The raw access log is a plain text file that will show every connection made to a particular domain.
- Raw FTP Log Download — This feature allows you to download a raw access log detailing the FTP server’s activities. The raw access log is a plain text file that will show every connection made to a particular domain’s FTP server, including what files have been uploaded and downloaded.
- Rearrange an Account — This feature allows you to change the hard drive on which an account will be stored. This feature is only relevant to servers with more than one hard disk.
- Reset Account Bandwidth Limit — If you have changed an account's bandwidth quota from the setting configured in the account's package, you can use this feature to reset the account's quota. For example, if a user’s account is assigned a package with unlimited bandwidth, but you have changed the bandwidth quota to 500MB, this feature can change it back to the package default (unlimited). This option will only appear for accounts whose bandwidth has been changed.
- Show Active and Inactive Accounts — An inactive account is an account whose domain and IP data have been removed or corrupted in the Apache configuration file (
httpd.conf). Any account with a valid Apache configuration file entry is considered active by WHM.
- Skeleton Directory — The skeleton directory exists to let you easily copy the same files into every new account’s
public_ftp directories when the account is created.
- Unsuspend Bandwidth Exceeders — This WHM feature allows you to simultaneously unsuspend all of the accounts that have exceeded their bandwidth. Accounts will remain unsuspended until the next bandwidth check.
- Upgrade/Downgrade an Account — This feature allows you to change an account’s package. This can be useful when a site’s popularity increases or decreases and the account’s owner wishes to change the hosting plan to better suit the new flow of traffic.
- Web Template Editor — This screen allows you to create placeholder web pages that will appear to visitors who try to access a site on your server that is suspended, has moved, has not yet been configured, or is experiencing a connection or firewall problem.
Topic revision: r10 - 20 Oct 2011 - 20:34:38 - Main.GeorgeAlpizar