Reset a Mailman Password
For WHM version 11.30
This feature allows you to reset the main password for any mailing lists associated with your server, including the password for the Mailman mailing list software. You can reset the password without knowing the old password. This can be useful if, for example, the password has been lost or compromised.
To reset a Mailman password:
- From the Mailman Account Lists box, select the mailing list whose password you would like to change.
- The password called mailman is set up by the Mailman system. It is only for internal use by the Mailman application; however, if you are having problems with mailing lists on your server, you should reset this password.
- Enter the desired password into the New Password field.
- Remember to use a secure password.
- If you would like WHM to generate a secure password for you, click the Generate Password button.
- Confirm the password in the Password (Again) field.
- Click Change Password.
Topic revision: r3 - 01 Dec 2009 - 18:07:04 - MelanieSeibert