For WHM version 11.30
This section of WHM lets you manage SQL databases on your server.
- Change MySQL User Password — This feature allows you to change passwords for a database user. As this feature does not require the old password, this can be useful if a password is compromised or forgotten.
- Database Map Tool — This tool allows server owners to confer database ownership to cPanel users, provided the user and database already exist in the system.
- Disable Database Prefix — By default, databases are prefixed with the cPanel account's username. This feature lets you disable database prefixing.
- MySQL Root Password — This feature allows you to set a root MySQL password. By default, no root password is set. You should ensure that a very secure password is used, because if this password were to be compromised, the attacker would have access to any database associated with your server. You will not need to remember this password unless you plan on logging into any of your databases as the root user.
- PhpMyAdmin — phpMyAdmin is a MySQL database management system. It allows you to access and edit information contained within any database on your server(s). For more information, visit the PhpMyAdmin documentation wiki.
- Repair a MySQL Database — This feature will attempt fix a database that is not properly functioning by examining and repairing tables that may have been corrupted.
- Setup Remote MySQL Server — This feature allows you to place your MySQL databases on a remote server that is running MySQL. Using a separate server for MySQL can be useful for busy servers or servers with large databases, allowing you to offload MySQL-related work to the remote MySQL server.
- Show MySQL Processes — This feature is a list of any processes that are currently being run on any database on your server.
- phpPgAdmin — phpPgAdmin is a PostgreSQL database management tool. You can use the phpPgAdmin utility to access and edit information contained within any of your server's databases. For more information, visit the phpPgAdmin documentation.
- Restoring Database Grants — Under certain conditions, users may experience difficulty accessing databases. You can learn how to resolve this issue here.
Topic revision: r15 - 20 Oct 2011 - 16:07:12 - Main.GeorgeAlpizar