What is an express transfer?
An express transfer transfers the requested cPanel account(s) and performs the following actions on the source server:
- Updates the account's A record to point to the destination server.
- Changes the domain's nameserver entry to point to the destination server. This is only done when appropriate.
- Updates the mail databases to point to the destination server.
- Adds a redirect for the Account Moved page (
cgi-sys/movingpage.cgi) for the following file extensions:
- Blocks SSH and FTP logins to the source server for accounts that were transferred.
Changes are handled on the source server via
How do I block an IP address from my server?
You can block IP addresses with WHM's Host Access Control
feature ( Home >> Security Center >> Host Access Control
How do I clear a full partition?
There are a few possible solutions.
directory fills up first. This is because the
directory holds all of the system logs.
- To see the directory or log that takes up the most space, run the following commands:
- This shows the space used and available in each directory, as well as the file sizes of each file in the current directory.
- Examine the output and determine which directory takes up all the space. Change to that directory with the
cd directory command.
- Run the following commands again:
- Follow this pattern until you find the files that take up the space.
- When you find the directory or file that takes up the most space, you can either delete the files or save some of the most recent entries. Run the following to save the most recent entries:
tail -5000 filename > filename.new
mv filename.new filename
- Restart the service that created the file, to release its file lock.
directory also fills up due to Apache. To look at the Apache logs:
files can be very large. At this point, you can delete them or use the
set of commands listed above.
How do I restart a daemon ?
- You can restart most services in WHM (Home >> Restart Services).
- You may need to restart them from the shell.
- You must be logged in as
root to do this.
- All standard Linux services, such as HTTP, FTP, Exim, cPanel & WHM, MySQL, etc, have
init scripts in
root@host [~]# ls /etc/rc.d/init.d/
./ atd* exim* httpd.tmpeditlib kdcrotate* named* nscd* rawdevices* snmpd* yppasswdd*
../ autofs* filelimits* identd* keytable* netfs* portmap* rstatd* sshd* ypserv*
anacron* bandmin* functions* ipaliases* killall* network* portsentry* rusersd* syslog* ypxfrd*
antirelayd* chkservd* gpm* ipchains* kudzu* nfs* proftpd* rwalld* xfs*
apmd* cpanel3* halt* iptables* lpd* nfslock* radvd* rwhod* xinetd*
arpwatch* crond* httpd@ isdn* mysql* nofsck* random* single* ypbind*
This is typical of what you will find in this directory. The main ones you should be concerned with are:
- cpanel3 — Starts and stops cPanel and WHM. This includes cppop and cluster management services as well.
- exim — Starts and stops the exim mail server.
- httpd — Starts and stops the Apache web server.
- mysql — Starts and stops the MySQL database server.
- named — Starts and stops the BIND DNS server.
- proftpd — Starts and stops the ProFTPd or Pure-FTPd (this depends on which is enabled) FTP server.
You can run these scripts. For example, if named/BIND is down and you need to restart it, as
- You should see it start up, with a green [OK] message on the left side of the shell/terminal window.
- If you see a red [FAILED] message, check the message log.
You should be able to see the error. If you cannot fix it yourself, you should submit a ticket
. Some of these services have more options than just "start" and "stop,".
- For example, if you have several domains that are on your DNS server and you do not want to stop and restart named just because you edited one domain, type:
If you make a minor change to the
file, but do not want to restart it, type:
/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd graceful to do a graceful restart.
- Note: A graceful restart finishes current requests before it kills the child processes.
How do I fix WHM News if it is broken?
Run the following command:
rm -f /var/cpanel/objcache/whmnews
How do I reinstall Interchange?
Run the following commands:
How can I fix "ndc connection refused" errors?
Run the following scripts:
fixndc script needs to be run twice.
How does cPanel move things from Alabanza servers?
Does it redo the folder structure into public_html instead of domain-www?
Does it move the email files over from /home/user/domain-mail/emailaddressfile to /home/user/mail/emailaddress/emailaddressfile?
Does it keep all of the email settings such as forwarders, auto replies, etc...?
Does it also grab the parked domain names?
How do I manually move an account to another server?
When an account is too large to move with the web browser, follow these steps to move the account:
In this example, the domain will be
and the username will be
mkdir /home/cptemp to make a temporary directory on
/home where you can store the account's files while you copy them.
- Tar and gzip the
public_html directory, and move that over with
tar czvf public_html_dom.tgz public_html
mv public_html_dom.tgz /home/cptemp/
mv public_html /home/cptemp/
- Move the site's weblogs:
mv domain.com.gz /home/cptemp/
- Now that all necessary files are in
/home/cptemp/, you can move the account over in WHM.
- Go back to
scp the files to their new home:
scp public_html_dom.tgz email@example.com:/home/dom/
- Enter the
root password for the new server and let it copy the file over.
scp domain.com.gz firstname.lastname@example.org:/usr/local/apache/domlogs/
- Enter the required login information.
- Go to the new server and unpack the two large files you just moved:
gzip -d domain.com.gz
tar xzvf public_html_dom.tgz
Where is the Pure-FTPd configuration file?
How do I enable anonymous uploads with Pure-FTPd?
In WHM, go to Home >> Service Configuration >> FTP Server Configuration
. Find the Allow Anonymous Uploads
option and select Yes
Make sure the second line has the # in front of it, then restart PureFTPd.
How can I disable the SMART errors?
Run the following:
How can I debug problems with ProFTPD?
- Shut it down from the init script.
- Start it up from the shell with:
You might need to type the full path for debug mode. The default path is:
My hard drive is slow and backups take a long time. How can I fix this?
You should make sure that Direct Memory Access (DMA) is enabled on your drives.
- To enable DMA for a hard drive:
hdparm -d1 /dev/hda
- To disable DMA for a hard drive:
hdparm -d0 /dev/hda
- To measure transfer rate of a hard drive:
hdparm -Tt /dev/hda
- To see what options are enabled for a hard drive:
- To see more info on your drive:
hdparm -i /dev/hda
Some older drives/motherboards have a problem with this, so you should ask your data center to be sure it is ok before you enable DMA on your drives.
Can I change the Home and Logout buttons through WHM branding?
These cannot be changed through branding. You will need to edit the WHM theme to modify buttons, background colors, etc.
How do I fix the error "License File Expired"?
Your server needs to be able to communicate with the licensing servers.
To confirm that your server's main IP address matches the IP address that is stored in the cPanel licensing servers, follow these steps:
- Run the following as the
- curl http://www.cpanel.net/apps/myip/
- If the IP addresses do not match, you will need to do one of the following:
- Change the routing in your server and network to route outbound traffic from the IP address that is licensed.
- Change the IP address on the license to match the IP address returned by the curl command.
- Check the license on http://verify.cpanel.net to ensure that it is valid. If it is not, please contact your license provider.
- If your license is valid, run the following as the
- rdate -s rdate.cpanel.net
- Ensure that your server can query the
root nameservers and has a valid hostname. If you need assistance with this, contact your hosting provider.
If these steps did not fix the issue, contact your license provider.
Why do I receive groupadd/useradd errors when I attempt to create a new account?
Make sure your
files do not have the
lsattr /etc/group and
lsattr /etc/shadow to check.
- If it does have a
+i flag, run:
chattr -i /etc/passwd
chattr -i /etc/group
It is also possible that your group shadow file is corrupt.
grpconv to rebuild the file.
- You may need to remove
Some services (like MySQL) do not start on reboots. Why do I get errors about create/write to file in
/tmp (Errcode: 13)?
This is most likely due to improper permissions on the real
- If you use
/scripts/securetmp at boot time, you may not notice the problem since the script sets permissions correctly after it's booted.
The most common error you will see related to this is that
will not start with errors like the following:
061113 00:14:46 mysqld started
/usr/sbin/mysqld: Can't create/write to file '/tmp/ibEkcOgQ' (Errcode: 13)
061113 0:14:47 InnoDB: Error: unable to create temporary file; errno: 13
061113 0:14:47 [ERROR] Can't init databases
061113 0:14:47 [ERROR] Aborting
061113 0:14:47 [Note] /usr/sbin/mysqld: Shutdown complete
061113 00:14:47 mysqld ended
To fix this, unmount the
partitions and set the permissions correctly on the real
# umount /var/tmp
# umount /tmp
# chmod 1777 /tmp
/etc/rc.sysinit and add the following line somewhere near the rest of the
- Then you can reenable
If you have trouble with other services, run
chkconfig --add pure-ftpd
to be sure they are enabled.
If you still receive messages after each reboot from
about services that are not down:
- Disable the service with
- Add the service to the end of
/etc/rc.local instead, to ensure that other services have time to start up first.
How do I change nameservers in cPanel?
You can change nameservers in WHM with the Basic cPanel & WHM Setup
feature (Home >> Server Configuration >> Basic cPanel &WHM Setup
If you need to change the nameservers associated with your domain, you may need to contact your web host and your domain registrar to update the information with them.
Why do I see this error message: [a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]?
for the specific error.
- You may need to submit a support request to get this issue resolved.
How do I make sure that my server is running the latest version of cPanel & WHM?
- When you log in, the cPanel & WHM version is displayed in the upper right-hand corner of the interface.
- You can also determine the version with the
/usr/local/cpanel/cpanel -V command. To see what the latest available cPanel version is in your chosen tree (STABLE/RELEASE/CURRENT/EDGE), visit http://httpupdate.cpanel.net.
- To update cPanel through WHM, under the cPanel cateogry, select Upgrade to Latest Version. If you wish to update cPanel from the command prompt as
- For your server to automatically update to the latest version every morning, in WHM go to Home >> Server Configuration >> Update Preferences and select Automatic in the Daily Updates section.
Can you easily change the A records to point to an IIS server through cPanel & WHM?
There are two ways you can change the A records in the WHM interface:
- You can edit the DNS zone manually and change the A records for the domain.
- In WHM, access the Edit DNS Zone feature (Home >> DNS Functions >> Edit DNS Zone).
- Select a zone to edit.
- Click the Edit button.
- Make changes accordingly.
- You can change the way DNS zones are created so they use A records pointed to another server.
- In WHM, access the Edit Zone Templates feature (Home >> DNS Functions >> Edit Zone Template).
- Make changes accordingly.
Why do I receive the message "unable to add the user" when I create an account?
- Log in to your server via SSH and check
/home/username to see if the user has a home directory.
- Check the contents of
/etc/passwd to see if there is an entry for that user.
- You may need to use your operating system's user deletion tool to delete that user.
How do I preview a new domain before the DNS switch makes it live?
You can preview the domain with the server's IP address and your cPanel username.
- For example, if your IP address is
255.255.255.255 and your username is
bob, you can use:
This may be disabled for security reasons by your web host.
How do I disable or enable WHM access from the command line?
- To disable access to WHM for all users, block incoming traffic on port 2086 and 2087.
- Warning: This will lock you out as well.
- You can also use a firewall to allow access to those ports for specific IP addresses only.
You cannot turn an account into a reseller account (grant WHM access) from the command line. However, you can use the XML API to automate this process. For more information, visit the developers' page
You cannot shut down WHM, as the WHM services are used to ensure that the server functions.
How do I delete, on a daily basis, the mail statistics logs?
Mail statistics are stored in a MySQL database located at
. You will need to remove the entries from this database to clean it up.
Alternatively, mail logs located in
will need to be wiped clean (or
for FreeBSD®) daily.
A cronjob can easily execute a script that wipes either of these daily.
Is it possible to create Domain Templates?
Yes, in cPanel we call these "Packages". You can create these configurations ahead of time and then apply them to new domains. Go to Packages >> Add a Package
in WebHost Manager to get started.
I am a web hosting provider. Can I create a custom login page for my customers to log into cPanel, WHM or webmail?
Yes, you can! We have some sample source code you can look at to integrate such a customized login to an existing website. This source code is in PHP and is available at the PHP website
How do I change the version of PHP I have installed on my server?
- Log in to WHM.
- Access the Apache Update feature (Home >> Software >> EasyApache (Apache Update).
- When you recompile Apache, select which version of PHP you want installed on your server.
- After Apache has been fully compiled, enjoy your new PHP installation.
Does cPanel & WHM include anti-virus protection?
Yes, it comes with ClamAV at no additional charge.
Does cPanel & WHM support multiple levels of permissions?
Yes. cPanel & WHM supports
users that can create and modify any domain and have access to all features of the cPanel & WHM interfaces.
We also support resellers
, which are used for web hosting resellers to manage their own customer's accounts. However, reseller access can be easily tweaked so they only have privileges to suspend/unsuspend domains etc. Resellers have access to the cPanel interface and a limited subset of the functionality of the WHM interface.
Lastly, there is the hosting account owner
, who has an account in the cPanel interface and can manage most aspects of a website by themselves (within boundaries set by the reseller or
When I create a domain, are web statistics automatically generated?
Yes. Statistics are updated at an interval you set in the WHM interface for the web statistics software you enable in WHM.
: Statistics will not be available on the newly created domain until after this interval.
cPanel & WHM comes with the following web statistics software: AWStats, Webalizer, and Analog.
Why won't the homepage of a folder automatically default to
There can be a few lines in
that allow for a
file to be displayed automatically. They look like:
# DirectoryIndex: Name of the file or files to use as a pre-written HTML # directory
index. Separate multiple entries with spaces.
# <IfModule mod_dir.c> DirectoryIndex index.ppl
index.pl index.plx index.perl index.html index.wml index.cgi
index.shtml index.jsp index.js index.jp index.php4 index.php3
index.php index.phtml index.htm default.htm default.html
If those lines are not present, you will need to add the following into a
For more information about
files, visit the Apache website
Can I disable non-SSL login for cPanel & WHM?
Make sure the Always redirect to SSL
option is On
. This option is found under Tweak Settings
in WHM (Home >> Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings >> Redirection
This will disable the use of the insecure ports and redirect users to secure ports with the
/cpanel /whm /webmail
What PHP modules and plugins does cPanel & WHM support?
You can find a list of supported modules and plugins in our EasyApache documentation
under the PHP heading.
How can I change the stylesheet for cPanel in WHM?
You can edit a theme's stylesheet in the Universal Theme Manager
in WHM. Select the theme, and then choose the edit live
option to edit style sheets, images, etc.
How do I delete an account?
Go to Account Functions >> Terminate an Account
in WHM to delete an account.
: You cannot reverse this process. You should back up the account before you delete it.
What is the WHM Autofixer?
The Autofixer is a collection of scripts that you can run from WHM to fix some common issues that are not otherwise fixable or accessible from the command line.
Autofixer scripts can always be found at
test — Test autofixer on your system, nothing gets changed.
bsdbindfix — Resolve port issue with BIND 9.
compresszlibfix — Fix for compress zlib error.
dbdmysql — DBD::mysql fix for older version of Red Hat (i.e. 7.3).
fpindexfile — Fix for FrontPage index.
iptablesflush — Flush iptables rules from WHM if you are firewalled from SSH access.
libxml64fix — Fix for libXML on 64-bit systems.
resellerresourceacctounts — Fix for reseller resource accounts.
safesshrestart — Restores SSH Config and restarts SSH, should you be locked out.
vfilterfix — Restores
yumduprpmfix — This script will attempt to locate and resolve any duplicate RPMs.
Run Autofixer from the following URL
. Consult the list, then enter the Autofixer script name that you want to run.
Why won't my server resolve domains?
This is usually due to an invalid nameserver setting in the
- We recommend that you contact your datacenter for suggested nameservers within their network.
- You can also add a valid public nameserver to
How do I use WHM on a PDA?
Point your PDA's web browser to:
is the IP or hostname of your server, or a domain hosted on the server.
I have installed Tomcat. How do I install servlets on an account?
In WHM, go to Account Functions >> Install Servlets
. Select an account or domain on which you wish to have servlets installed, and apply the settings.
When I log in to cPanel, why do I get a 404 error that says it can't find a theme (./frontend/bluelagoon/index.html), and the page cannot be displayed?
This is more than likely because the theme is not present. To get cPanel to work again, open the
file, change the theme to the default, and save it.
This should bring up the default theme. If not, look in the
directory for available themes and change it to one that is there.
You can also install new themes from WHM.
What if cPanel won't update?
You should submit a ticket
to our Support department.
Whenever I set up a domain it says "ndc can't connect, connection refused." What is this?
ndc is the name daemon control program. If you receive that error, run the following script as the
If the problem persists, submit a ticket
to have the named configuration looked at.
Will cPanel continue to support FrontPage® extensions? How about on Apache 2?
Since Microsoft® discontinued support for mod_frontpage extensions on Linux servers in 2006, we no longer include FrontPage by default in cPanel & WHM. FrontPage has been removed from EasyApache. FrontPage extensions are still available as a Custom Module
(“Opt Mods”) for EasyApache; however, we strongly
discourage its use and it is only compatible with Apache version 2.2. Some other methods you can use to publish content are WebDAV or FTP.
For more information about WebDAV, please visit http://go.cpanel.net/cpwebdisk
For more information about FTP, please visit http://go.cpanel.net/cpanelftp
How can I copy files from one domain directory to another?
privileges to copy the files with the
- For example, you could copy one directory to another place by with the
cp -R /home/dave/public_html/photos/ /home/john/public_html/images/ command.
For more information on the
from the command line.
Otherwise, use the File Manager
in cPanel to download the files you wish to copy. Then log in to the other domain's account and use the File Manager
to upload the files to that account.
Why won't my X server GUI work after I install cPanel?
Due to numerous security problems, cPanel uninstalls X so it will not run. You should never run X on a public server.
How can I fix quotas that do not work?
Check for quota support on the mounted filesystems:
-rwxr--r-- 1 root root 8192 Dec 26 20:18 aquota.user*
-rwxr--r-- 1 root root 2097120 Apr 30 04:19 quota.user*
- If these files do not exist, run
- If they do exist, but quotas do not work, you can either delete the quota files and run
- After this,
repquota -a should print out the soft/hard limits with grace periods for all users.
- If quotas still do not report anything in WHM or cPanel, check the Cache disk quota information option in WHM (Home >> Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings >> System >> Cache disk quota information). Set this option to Off, the click Save.
How can I find out where all a user's files are?
If there is a discrepancy between quotas and
du -sh /home/username
, some other files on the system may be owned by that user's UID.
find / -user username -ls
- The output will be a long list of all files owned by that user.
- Redirect the output to a file to browse through later.
- You can
chown the files to the
root user rather than delete them.
Is cPanel compatible with mod security (mod_security)?
Yes, you can install
in WHM under Plugins
. More information about how to configure
can be found at: http://modsecurity.org/
How can I obtain information about how to develop software that is integrated with WHM?
To create a piece of software that interacts with WHM, to add an icon for your software inside of cPanel, or to get information from cPanel & WHM, you can use our Plugins system along with our XML API.
We offer API documentation
. We recommend that you use the XML API in conjunction with API2 to make cPanel calls.
You can also create cPAddon scripts which allow customers to download your software to their server and then domain owners can install it from the cPanel interface section Site Software
. For more information, read our cPAddon documentation
For more information about how to interact with cPanel & WHM as a developer, read through our Developer Resources
How can I put the Change Language icon in the Preferences section of cPanel?
You will need to ensure that the Feature List for the account has the Change Language
option checked. This Feature List can be found in WHM under Feature Lists
. It will be associated with the Package that the account uses.
How do I set up personal nameservers in WHM?
You will need an IP address for each nameserver.
Under Basic cPanel & WHM Setup,
scroll down to Primary Nameserver
Now, add your nameservers in the available fields. Click on Assign IP Address
next to each nameserver to assign it an IP. Then, add an A entry so they will resolve through DNS.
Finally, make sure that you scroll down and click on Nameserver Setup
under Service Configuration
, and enable the nameserver.
How do I stop the "There is a problem with this website's security certificate" message when a user logs in to cPanel?
Under Manage Service SSL Certificates
in the Service Configuration
section of WHM, you can change the certificates for cPanel & WHM, webmail, your mail servers, etc. You will need to replace the self-signed certificate with one trusted by the common browsers.
To do this, purchase an SSL certificate through WHM for your hostname with Purchase & Install SSL Certificate
How do I call the WHM XML API?
For information about the WHM XML API, read our XML API documentation
Why does Munin fail to update?
Munin is a cPanel Plugin that displays information about CPU, Exim, Apache, MySQL usage, and other information, with
. If it fails to update, there is likely a permissions issue.
First, check to make sure that cron is running, and that there is a crontab entry for Munin. Next, check
. The files in both directories must be owned by
. If the files in
are not owned by
, the log files will be updated, but the graphs that are displayed by Munin will not be updated.
This permissions issue can be corrected when you run the following commands as
chown -R munin:munin /var/log/munin
chown -R munin:munin /var/lib/munin
Now run Munin manually from the command line:
sudo -u munin munin-cron
You should see entries added to
, and no errors in the log file. The graphs should be updated when you refresh the Munin display in WHM.
The weekly graphs may not be updated immediately. These will be updated at the appointed time configured in the crontab.
Does cPanel support Resin? Does cPanel support other Java Application Servers?
cPanel currently supports Tomcat as a Java Application Server. To request other servers, submit a feature request
How can I create a demo version of cPanel?
- Create a new "dummy" account in WebHost Manager. You can use a fake domain name.
- Use branding to modify the account with your company's logo and look.
- Access the Manage Demo Mode feature in WHM (Home >> Account Functions >> Manage Demo Mode)
- Select the account you want to turn to demo mode.
- Click Modify
- Click Enable
Why does my Ruby on Rails install not work?
cPanel uses the standard set of tools that Ruby on Rails provides. This makes troubleshooting relatively easy.
error_log often shows what is wrong with the Rails installation.
- If it is an application-specific issue, mongrel maintains its own error log at
- If an application starts and fails without anything in the
error_log, there will probably be an indication of the problem in here as well.
- You may need to install some gems. You can check which gems are installed via a "gem query":
- Note: If any of these gems are not present, you can install them via
gem install <name>.
- If the wrong version is installed, run
Once you have verified all of this and the application still does not start correctly, you can start the mongrel server manually with the
mongrel_rails start -p -d -e production -P log/mongrel.pid
command from the Rails application's base directory as the user who owns the Rails application.
The port can be found in
If you are still unable to fix your Rails installation, open a ticket with either your data center or with cPanel.
I just created a new account. Why does it show that disk space is already used?
- When a user has been deleted from the system (terminated account), they may still have files owned by that old user's UID. When a new account is created, the system assigns it the next availble UID, which is usually that of a terminated account. Thus the new account assumes ownership of all files owned by that old user, and gives the appearance that the user is already over quota though nothing has been uploaded.
- Tarballs (
.tar.gz) may have files owned by the user they were tarred up with on a separate system. When untarred on your server, they are assigned ownership of whatever account has that UID.
For more information, read our Quotas Documentation
How can I set up a default page that is generated when any new domain is created on the server?
You can set up a default site in the
directory, and it will be the default website for all accounts added afterwards.
How does yum need to be configured to work with cPanel?
cPanel & WHM requires that certain packages be excluded due to the fact that cPanel handles its own installations of services that are separate from what the distributors provide. If you have modified the
file, you will want to ensure that the following excludes exist:
We also strongly
recommend that you use only the vendor-provided distributions, because cPanel is tested only with these packages. 3rd-party repositories such as RPMForge can replace vital parts of the system that cPanel relies on, and cause unexpected results.
Is there a way to access webmail, cPanel, and WHM from behind a firewall?
WHM includes a feature that lets your customers access the following from behind a firewall with port 80:
cpanel.example.com — The customer's cPanel account.
whm.example.com — The customer's WHM account.
webdisk.example.com — The customer's Web Disk account.
webmail.example.com — The customer's webmail account.
- Note: In these examples,
example.com stands for the customer's domain.
To enable this feature, select On
for the follwing Tweak Settings
options in WHM:
- Proxy subdomains
- Proxy subdomain creation
To learn more about these options, read our Tweak Settings documentation
You can also use
to reconfigure the DNS entries manually.
Can I run cPanel behind NAT?
Short answer: No, it is not supported.
It was once semi-possible to run cPanel behind a NAT firewall. However, the system has changed somewhat, so that if you use more than one server behind the NAT (more than one appears from behind the same public IP), the license server will lock the public IP out to prevent abuse.
This behavior may change in future versions.
Where do I go to find out when a new build of cPanel is released?
Some builds are released quicker than others. For example, CURRENT builds are released quicker than RELEASE builds, and EDGE builds are released quicker than CURRENT Builds.
To find the latest builds, go to http://httpupdate.cpanel.net
, and look for your operating system.
I use the APF firewall rules on my server; which ports should I allow?
# Common ingress (inbound) TCP ports
# Common ingress (inbound) UDP ports
# Common ICMP (inbound) types
# 'internals/icmp.types' for type definition; 'all' is wildcard for any
# Common egress (outbound) TCP ports
# Common egress (outbound) UDP ports
# Common ICMP (outbound) types
# 'internals/icmp.types' for type definition; 'all' is wildcard for any
What does "rndc: connection to remote host closed." mean?
Attempting to restart bind
Waiting for bind to restart.... . . . . . . . . . . finished.
rndc: connection to remote host closed
This may indicate that:
- The remote server uses an older version of the command protocol.
- This host is not authorized to connect.
- The key is invalid.
To fix this issue, run
Which browsers are compatible with cPanel & WHM?
cPanel & WHM is compatible with the following browsers:
cPanel & WHM has limited compatibility with the following browsers:
- Safari for iPad
- Note: New features that are specifically designed for cPanel & WHM are supported.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 and 7
- Safari 5.1 and above
- Note: In these browsers, specific features that are related to email are supported. The pages in cPanel & WHM will likely function, but there may be minor defects or inconveniences related to specific functionality.
- Opera 12
- Note: This is a known problem with the Opera browser. We recommend that Opera users disable browser caching or use a different browser as a workaround.
Why do I receive emails with the subject “Output from your job” from my server?
cPanel & WHM installs the
) as part of the update process. We use it to launch the update-analysis process to validate the health of the system after updates.
If the update-analysis process encounters any errors, the
daemon will email a report to the system administrator account.
Why can’t I compress or extract .zip files in File Manager?
Zip is not installed on your system. Your system administrator will need to install Zip at the command line with the
yum install zip
How do I change the maximum connections for HTTP?
You can change the value of the Max Clients
setting in the Global Configuration
feature of WHM (Home >> Service Configuration >> Apache Configuration >> Global Configuration
The value you choose for the Max Clients
setting must be equal to or lower than the value of the Server Limit
How do I change the maximum number of IMAP connections per IP?
You can change the value of the Maximum IMAP Connections Per IP
setting in the Mailserver Configuration
feature of WHM (Home >> Service Configuration >> Mailserver Configuration
IMAP settings are the same for both Courier and Dovecot.
How do I change the maximum number of POP3 connections per IP?
You can change the value of the Maximum POP3 Connections Per IP
setting in the Mailserver Configuration
feature in WHM (Home >> Service Configuration >> Mailserver Configuration
POP3 settings are the same for both Courier and Dovecot.
How do I change the maximum number of simultaneous incoming SMTP calls?
You can change the value of the smtp_accept_max
setting in the Exim Advanced Editor
feature of WHM (Home >> Service Configuration >> Exim Configuration Manager >> Advanced Editor