For cPanel version 11.40
(Home >> Files >> Anonymous FTP)
The Anonymous FTP
interface allows you to define how anonymous users interact with your FTP server.
: You will only see the Anonymous FTP
icon if your system administrator has enabled both FTP services and anonymous FTP.
Anonymous FTP Controls
: We strongly
recommend that you deny anonymous users the ability to upload files to your FTP server. This setting will prevent malicious software uploads, which can harm your website.
To configure Anonymous FTP Controls
- Select the checkboxes for any permissions you wish to allow.
- Deselect the checkboxes for any permissions you wish to deny.
- When you are finished, click Save Settings.
When users log in to anonymous FTP, they must format usernames as
represents the user's domain name. This formatting requirement directs your server to the correct
directory. If a user fails to include a domain name, one of the following errors will appear:
- If your server uses PureFTP as the FTP server, users will receive a
421 Can't change directory to /var/ftp/ message.
- If your server uses ProFTP as the FTP server, users will receive a
530 Login Authentication Failed message.
Anonymous FTP Welcome Message
You can set a message that anonymous FTP users will see when they connect to your FTP server.
To save a welcome message:
- Enter the message that you wish visitors to see in the text box.
- Click Save Message.
Topic revision: r15 - 19 Sep 2013 - 16:57:21 - Main.SarahHaney