For cPanel version 11.40
(Home >> Preferences >> Security Policy
If your hosting provider has limited logins to verified IP addresses, anyone who tries to access your cPanel account from an unverified IP address will be prompted to answer four security questions. Your hosting provider uses this measure to help keep your server secure.
The Security Policy
screen lets you update and reset questions. You can also specify IP addresses from which users can log in without answering security questions.
Update Security Questions and Answers
This interface allows you to edit existing security questions for your account.
To edit your security questions:
- Click the Update Security Questions and Answers button.
- Enter the four security questions and answers you wish to use.
- You may select a security question with the pull-down menu next to the security question's number, or enter a question in the Question text field.
- Enter the answer to your security question in the Answer text field.
- After you define your security questions and answers, click Continue to save them.
- If you have changed your questions and answers, a new screen will appear that shows the newly changed questions and answers.
- If you have not made any changes, the screen will not list questions or answers.
- Click Click here to change answers or Save Answers to change or save your security questions, respectively.
Click the Reset Questions and Answers
button to delete all questions and answers.
Manage Access IP Addresses
This feature allows you to add, manage, and remove verified IP addresses. When users attempt to log in from the IP addresses specified here, they will not be prompted to answer the security questions.
To add an access IP address:
- Click Manage Access IPs.
- Enter the IP address you wish to add in the Access IP fields.
- Note: You may use an asterisk (*) in the last octet. This asterisk is treated as a wild card, meaning any IP address within the specified IP address block is a verified access IP address and may skip security questions when you log in.
- After you enter the IP address you wish to add, click Add.
To remove an access IP address:
- Click Remove next to the IP address you wish to remove.
Topic revision: r14 - 16 Jul 2013 - 18:31:40 - Main.StacyWyatt
AllDocumentation/CpanelDocs.CpSecurityQuestions moved from Sandbox.CpSecurityQuestions on 18 Aug 2010 - 20:08 by Main.JustinSchaefer
- put it back