PHP PEAR Packages
For cPanel version 11.40
(Home >> Software/Services >> PHP PEAR Packages)
PHP PEAR packages are pieces of software that are written in the PHP scripting language.
To search for and add PEAR packages to your website, click PHP PEAR Packages
in your cPanel interface. You can view all available PHP packages, search for a specific kind of package, or, if you know its name, add a package immediately.
View available PHP PEAR packages
To view all available PEAR packages:
- Click PHP PEAR Packages.
- Click the Show Available PHP Extension(s) and Application(s) button.
- Click the Install button under the Actions column that corresponds to the PEAR package you wish to install.
- To view the PEAR package documentation, click Show Docs under the Actions column.
Search Available PEAR Packages
To search for a PEAR package based on a topic or keyword:
- Type the keyword into the Search box and click Go.
- Click Install for the PEAR package you wish to install.
- To view the PEAR package creator’s documentation, click Show Docs.
Install a PEAR Package
If you know the name of the PEAR package you wish to install:
- Enter the name of the PEAR package in the text box under Install a PHP Extensions and Applications Package.
- Click Install Now.
The Installed PHP Extension(s) and Application(s) table
The Installed PHP Extension(s) and Application(s)
table lets you manage the PEAR packages you have installed. The table shows the module name, version, and the actions you can perform for each package.
- To update a PEAR package, click Update.
- To reinstall a PEAR package, click Reinstall.
- If you wish to uninstall a PEAR package, click Uninstall.
- To view the PEAR package's documentation, click Show Docs.
There are certain PEAR packages that come pre-installed in cPanel.
To see a list of pre-installed PEAR packages, click the Show System Installed Modules
under the Installed PHP Extension(s) and Application(s)
You cannot remove modules that the system installed.
Click the Show Docs
button to view the documentation for the system-installed PEAR packages.
Topic revision: r14 - 08 Aug 2013 - 13:31:48 - Main.ColinShannon