PostgreSQL Database Wizard
For cPanel version 11.40
(Home >> Databases >> PostgreSQL Database Wizard)
cPanel can guide you through the process of setting up a PostgreSQL database, along with the requisite accounts and privileges, step by step.
To set up a database using the PostgreSQL Database Wizard
- In the New Database field, enter a name for the database.
- Click Create Database.
- In the Username field, enter a name for the user allowed to manage the database.
- In the Password field, type the user’s password.
- For help generating a strong password, click the Password Generator button.
- Retype the password in the Password (Again) field.
- Click Create User.
- Review the User and Database names and click Submit.
Next, cPanel will display a message stating that the database and user account were successfully set up. From here, you may select 1 of 3 options:
- Add another database — Returns to the start of the PostgreSQL Database Wizard.
- Add another user using the PostgreSQL Databases Area — Opens the PostgreSQL Databases page, wherein you may create additional user accounts and assign them to a database.
- Return to Home — Opens the cPanel home screen.
When you add a user and database using the PostgreSQL Database Wizard, the user is automatically given access to the database; there is no need to use the Add User to Database
Topic revision: r8 - 25 Jan 2013 - 18:00:59 - Main.StacyWyatt