Step 1: Important Facts about Installation
- cPanel & WHM 11.40
- cPanel DNSONLY
Before you install cPanel & WHM or cPanel DNSONLY, you should know that:
- Because cPanel is designed for commercial hosting, we only license publicly visible, static IP addresses. We do not license dynamic, sticky, or internal IPs.
- At this time, we do not provide an uninstaller. Once you install cPanel software, you must reformat the server to remove it.
- You should only install cPanel & WHM on a freshly installed operating system.
- The cPanel & WHM installer will install all of the services it needs. If you install services before cPanel & WHM, you will encounter compatibility problems. When you install your operating system, make sure to deselect software package groups such as a Gnome, KDE, and any other GUI desktop environments.
- You will need a package handler such as yum or up2date (included in default installations of CentOS and Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®).
Topic revision: r70 - 18 Sep 2013 - 22:56:18 - Main.SarahHaney