Upgrade and Downgrade Blocks
For cPanel & WHM 11.30 and 11.32
Some configuration options may prevent you from switching between cPanel & WHM versions 11.30 and 11.32.
Upgrading from 11.30 to 11.32
You will be unable to upgrade from cPanel & WHM version 11.32 to 11.32 if:
/var/cpanel/sysinfo.config file is empty or does not exist. cPanel & WHM automatically attempts to run
/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/gensysinfo to generate this file during the upgrade procedure. If you encounter this error, examine
/var/cpanel/sysinfo.config and run
/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/gensysinfo manually. When examining
/var/cpanel/sysinfo.config, you should look for and correct file permission problems or similar issues that would prevent the root user from writing to the file. If the problem persists, please contact our support staff.
- Your system still uses the mbox mail storage system. To upgrade to 11.32, you will need to convert your mail storage system to maildir.
- Exim is older than 4.70. cPanel & WHM version 11.32 requires Exim 4.77. To install Exim 4.77, you must enable Exim updates. You can do this on the WHM Update Preferences screen, under cPanel Package Updates.
- Your system is running FreeBSD. cPanel & WHM 11.32 and later versions do not support FreeBSD. If you intend to keep using FreeBSD, navigate to WHM's Update Preferences screen and change your Release Tier to Long-term support, selecting 11.30 from the menu. For more information, please review our Long-Term Support documentation.
- Your Linux distribution is no longer supported after 11.30. If you intend to keep using this version of Linux, navigate to WHM's Update Preferences screen and change your Release Tier to Long-term support, selecting 11.30 from the menu. For more information, please review our Long-Term Support documentation.
Downgrading from 11.32 to 11.30
You cannot downgrade from cPanel & WHM 11.32 to 11.30 if:
- You are using the MyDNS nameserver software. If you wish to downgrade, you can use WHM's Nameserver Selection feature to switch to BIND or NSD. Then, you may attempt to downgrade again.
- The system uses a MySQL version higher than 5.1. MySQL 5.5 is not supported in cPanel & WHM version 11.32. There is no supported procedure for downgrading MySQL.
Downgrades from cPanel & WHM version 11.32 to versions older than 11.30 are not permitted.
License file blocks
You will be unable to upgrade or downgrade your cPanel & WHM version if:
- A cPanel & WHM license file cannot be found. In this case, the cPanel & WHM software suite will not function properly. All updates will be blocked. You must purchase a valid license in order to upgrade, downgrade, or use cPanel & WHM.
- We are unable to read your cPanel & WHM license file. You can fix this issue by running the
/usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt script. If the problem persists, please contact our support staff.
- Your server's license is no longer eligible for updates.
If you experience other difficulties with licensing, you should contact our customer service department
Topic revision: r1 - 14 Feb 2012 - 06:53:25 - Main.LindseyLWhite