WebHost Manager® (WHM®) User Guide
For WHM version 11.40
This documentation describes the WHM interface and how you can use it to manage your server.
- Accessing WHM — Instructions on logging into WHM and changing your locale.
- Keyboard Shortcuts in WHM — This document details the keyboard navigation in WHM. The shortcuts help users navigate the left menu with their keyboard.
WHM Home screen
The WHM Home
screen contains most of the features that server owners use regularly.
Additional WHM screens
These documents describe additional WHM screens.
- Initial Setup Wizard — This document describes the steps in the Initial Setup wizard, which runs the first time you access WHM.
- WHM News — The News link at the top of the WHM screen provides up-to-date information about your server.
- Change Log — This document provides information about the Change Log link provided at the top of the WHM interface. This feature tracks and lists changes in our software.
How-to guides for server administrators
The following documents provide information about WHM, and instructions on how to accomplish various tasks on your WHM server.
cPanel account how-to guides
DNS how-to guides
PHP how-to guides
Mail how-to guides
Webmail customization guides
Files, directories, and processes
These documents describe files and directories that WHM places on your server. You can access these via the command line interface.
- Third-Party Software — This document provides a list of third-party software that cPanel & WHM includes and manages, as well as the location of license information and SRPMs on your server.
- Scripts — This document provides a brief lists of scripts that are available to you in the
/usr/local/cpanel/scripts directory when cPanel and WHM is installed.
- /scripts/pkgacct — This script allows you to create
cpmove archives for cPanel accounts.
- /scripts/restorepkg — This script allows you to restore cPanel accounts.
- Backup Contents — This document maps and briefly describes the contents of a cPanel & WHM backup file.
- The failurls File — This file allows you to specify hosts to which resellers can redirect cPanel users who fail to authenticate.
- The Task Queue System in cPanel & WHM — This document explains how WHM queues services for restart, and how you can manually queue and unqueue a service.
- cpanelsync's Exclude Functionality — You can learn how to prevent the
cpanelsync utility from updating files here.
- RPM Versions Local — You can use this file to prevent cPanel & WHM from updating specific RPMs.
- Warning: If you choose this method to manage your RPMs, you may inadvertently block your cPanel version from upgrading. This can happen if you block RPMs that cPanel requires in order to update.
- The cPanel & WHM Update Configuration File — /etc/cpupdate.conf — You can edit the
/etc/cpupdate.conf file to set preferences for updates to your server's cPanel & WHM software, operating system, and more.
- The Quota File Systems Configuration File — /var/cpanel/noquotafs — The
/var/cpanel/noquotafs file allows you to exclude specific file types from cPanel & WHM's quota system.
- The splitlogs Binary — The
/usr/local/cpanel/bin/splitlogs utility allows you to fine-tune your resource and performance trade-offs when creating Apache logs.
- The cpipv6 Script — You can use the /etc/init.d/cpipv6 script to disable, enable, or list IPv6 addresses.
Topic revision: r88 - 08 Jan 2014 - 16:53:06 - Main.SarahHaney