How to Exclude Files from Backups
For WHM version 11.40
(Home >> Backup
If you wish for the backup system to exclude files or directories from your user backups, you can either exclude the files from all users' backups, or for an individual user's backups.
The global and local exclude files apply to the account backups that you manage in WHM, and the Full Website Backup
feature in cPanel (Home >> Backups >> Download or Generate a Full Website Backup
If you initiate a Home Directory
backup within cPanel (Home >> Backups >> Download a Home Directory Backup
), the global and local exclude files will not affect the contents of the backup file.
Global exclude file
To exclude files or directories from your backups for all user accounts, add the files or directories that you wish to exclude to the
The backup system will exclude the following files and directories for all users' backups by default:
Local exclude file
To exclude files or directories from an individual user's backups, add the files or directories that you wish to skip to the
file inside the user's directory. To exclude specific files, follow these steps:
- If it does not already exist, create the file
cpbackup-exclude.conf in the home directory of the user who owns the files or directories you wish to exclude.
- For example:
- Inside the file, type each item you wish to exclude from backups, one per line.
- If you enter a directory name, the backup system will exclude all files that are inside the directory.
- Directories should not include leading or trailing characters of any kind, such as slashes or periods.
- Simple shell wildcard characters are allowed for matching control.
Topic revision: r13 - 11 Oct 2013 - 17:48:27 - Main.ShavaunTesareski