For WHM version 11.40
The Domain Information
portion of the Create a New Account
feature defines basic settings for a user’s account.
Set up the domain
To set up the domain:
- Enter the domain name for the new account in the Domain field. (For example,
Important: You can create users with domains that are subdomains of your own. For example, if your domain is
example.com and you create a user account for
user, you could create
- Enter the username for the new account in the Username field.
- The username must consist of a maximum of eight characters, and can contain letters and numbers. It cannot start with a number, or the word "test."
- Usernames can consist of 16 characters or less if database prefixes are disabled.
Note: You can disable database prefixes from the Disable Database Prefix interface. (Home >> SQL Services >> Disable Database Prefix)
- MySQL imposes this limitation, since each cPanel user is also a MySQL user.
- Enter the password for the new account in the Password and Re-type Password fields.
- Ensure that the password is secure. Click the Password Generator button to generate a secure password.
- The account’s password is graded on a scale of 100 points.
0 is a weak password, while
100 is a very secure password.
- Enter the main contact email address for the new account.
- Continue to the Package section.
New users will need the username and password you enter here in order to log in to their cPanel accounts.
Next, continue to the Package
Topic revision: r8 - 19 Sep 2013 - 17:50:14 - Main.SarahHaney