Generate an SSL Certificate and Signing Request
For WHM version 11.38
(Home >> SSL/TLS >> Generate an SSL Certificate and Signing Request
This section of WHM allows you to generate both a self-signed SSL certificate
and a Certificate Signing Request (CSR
). They are generated at the same time through the same process. In most cases, you will need either the self-signed certificate
or the CSR
. The RSA private key
is also generated in this feature. This key
is essential for both self-signed certificates and purchased certificates.
If you wish to purchase a certificate
, you will need to submit the CSR
to your chosen certificate authority
. They will provide you with a certificate
, typically in a zip file sent through email. More information about purchasing a certificate is available
To generate the SSL certificate
, private key
, and CSR
- Fill in the requested certificate information.
- In the Host to make cert for field, enter the domain name of the website that the certificate will secure.
- To learn about sharing certificates, visit our documentation about the Manage SSL Hosts feature.
- Enter an email address under Contact Info if you wish to receive the SSL certificate, private key, and CSR in an email once this process is complete. This is optional.
- Click Create.
Once the certificates have been created, WHM will display the CSR
with its corresponding SSL certificate
and private key
. You may copy and paste these items into the correct directories.
- If you provided an email address, this information will be sent to that email address.
If you are purchasing an SSL certificate
, you should provide the CSR
to the company you are purchasing the SSL certificate
If you are using a self-signed certificate
, you can proceed to the Install an SSL Certificate and Setup the Domain
screen in WHM.
Topic revision: r12 - 25 Jan 2013 - 17:16:32 - Main.RosieArcelay