Install cPAddons Site Software
For WHM version 11.40
(Home >> cPanel >> Install cPAddons Site Software)
This set of features allows you to add and manage addons and vendors.
Addons are applications that work with cPanel to perform useful functions for your users’ websites. Examples of these applications include bulletin boards, online shopping carts, and weblogs (blogs).
Install an addon
- Click the Installed checkbox next to the addon you wish to install.
- To force any of the installed addons to update, click the Force Refresh of All cPAddon Sources checkbox.
- This option is useful for addons that have become corrupted.
- Click Update Addon Config. You will be taken to a new screen.
- Click Back when the installation is complete to return to the Install cPAddons screen.
column rates an addon’s security on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the most secure. Please note that some addons have low ratings because of security problems inherent in PHP
For more information about how to harden your PHP
configuration, read our PHP Security Concepts documentation
Add new vendors
To add applications not listed on this screen:
- Enter the URL you obtained from the addon vendor in the Vendor’s Information URL text box.
- Click Update Vendors. You will be taken to a new screen.
- When the installation is complete, click Back to return to the Install cPAddons screen.
To add several vendors at a time:
- From the drop-down menu, select the number of URLs you wish to enter.
- Click Add additional Url fields.
- WHM will display the number of text fields you requested.
: The Add/Remove Vendors
feature allows third parties to create and distribute their own cPAddons
, whether for their own servers or for others.
Delete an addon
To delete an addon:
- Navigate to the Add/Remove Vendors* heading.
- Under the column Remove, click the checkbox for the vendor you wish to delete.
- Click Update Vendors. You will be taken to a new screen to confirm the vendor has been deleted.
- Click Back to return to the Install cPAddons screen.
: You cannot remove cPanel
addons from the list.
When you remove a cPAddon, WHM will also remove its data.
- If the cPAddon created the database, and no other cPAddons use it, WHM will drop the database entirely. This includes any user-created tables.
- If the cPAddon that you remove did not create the database, or if another cPAddon currently uses that database, WHM will only drop the tables that correspond to that cPAddon. This can potentially lead to an empty database on the server.
- We recommend that you delete any other cPAddons that share a database before you delete the cPAddon that initially created the database. If you delete the cPAddon that created the database first, an empty database will remain on the server.
You can manually delete empty cPAddon databases in cPanel's MySQL Databases
interface (Home >> Databases >> MySQL Databases)
Topic revision: r18 - 05 Dec 2013 - 16:21:05 - Main.SarahHaney