For WHM version 11.38
This feature allows you to specify the maximum number of email messages a particular domain is allowed to send per hour. It can be used to prevent potential spammers and better regulate bandwidth
used by domains on your server.
Setting the default limit for all domains
You can enable this feature on the WHM Tweak Settings
screen by stipulating a value for the Mail
setting labeled Max hourly emails
This value will become the default threshold for all of the domains owned by your WHM account (except domains whose thresholds you have manually specified using the command line).
- Important: You cannot use this feature to disable email for an account or domain.
Setting the mail delimiter on the Tweak Settings screen.
Setting thresholds for individual domains
Regardless of the value set in Max hourly emails
on the Tweak Settings
screen, you may also configure thresholds separately for each domain. However, there is no WHM graphical interface for this. You must use the steps outlined below.
- First, create the file
- Using each new line as a delimiter, specify the domain and number of email messages it should be allowed to send per hour — separating the domain and maximum number of messages using an equals sign (=). For example:
- This script constructs the individual threshold files that Exim uses to determine whether the account has reached its maximum.
According to the example in step 2 above, the following thresholds would be set:
|| Maximum Messages per Hour
|| 500 messages per hour
|| 300 messages per hour
|| 450 messages per hour
an entry in the
file will be governed by the default entry on the Tweak Settings
Limiting email for an account's main domain
You can limit the number of email messages (per hour) that an account's main domain is allowed to send.
- Navigate to the Modify an Account interface in WHM (Main >> Account Functions >> Modify an Account).
- Specify a value for the Hourly Email by Domain Relayed configuration option.
- Click Save.
This option sets the limit for the account's main domain only
. If you previously set different thresholds for various domains by using the
script, and you enter a new value using the Modify an Account
screen, only the account's main domain's email threshold will be reset to the new value.
Topic revision: r13 - 15 May 2013 - 15:51:24 - Main.LaurenceSimon