For WHM version 11.40
(Home >> Service Configuration >> Mailserver Configuration
This set of features will let you configure the POP3
protocols used by Courier
are the 2 mail servers offered by cPanel.
- Configuring Courier — This set of options will be presented to you when you access the Mailserver Configuration screen while running the Courier mail server.
- Configuring Dovecot — This set of options will be presented to you when you access the IMAP configuration screen while running the Dovecot mail server.
- IMAP vs. POP3 — This document explains the fundamental difference between IMAP and POP3 lies in how and for how long mail is stored on the mail server.
- More about TLS/SSL — Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) are 2 cryptographic protocols used for secure communication between computers over the Internet. These protocols are most often used for email and web browsing. Essentially, they perform the same tasks.
- Require SMTP Authentication — SMTP authentication is supported and enabled by default in cPanel & WHM. Here, you can learn how to enable the authentication method POP before SMTP or how to require that SMTP authentication be used at all times.
Topic revision: r9 - 25 Mar 2013 - 16:03:50 - Main.ColinShannon