For WHM version 11.40
(Home >> Security Center >> Security Questions
When you select Limit logins to verified IP addresses
on the Configure Security Policies
screen, WHM will require users who try to log in from unverified IP addresses to answer security questions.
This Security Questions
screen allows you to update and manage your account's security questions. You can also add "verified" IP addresses—these are IP addresses from which you can access WHM without having to answer questions.
Edit Security Questions
This interface allows you to edit your existing security questions.
To edit your security questions:
- Click Edit questions and answers.
- Select the 4 security questions you wish to use.
- Enter an answer to each security question in the Answer field.
- After you define your security questions and answers, click continue.
Manage Recognized IP Addresses
This feature of WHM allows you to add, manage, and remove verified access IP addresses. Login attempts from the IP addresses specified here will not be asked to answer the security questions.
To add a recognized IP address
- Click Add or remove recognized IP addresses.
- Enter the IP address you wish to add in the IP fields.
- Note: You may use an asterisk (*) in the last octet. This asterisk is treated as a wild card, meaning any IP address within the specified IP address block is a verified access IP address and may skip security questions upon login.
- After you finish entering the IP address you wish to add, click Add.
To remove an access IP address
- Click Remove next to the IP address you wish to remove.
Topic revision: r11 - 25 Jan 2013 - 21:45:01 - Main.LaurenceSimon
AllDocumentation/WHMDocs.SecurityQuestions moved from Sandbox.SecurityQuestions on 17 Jun 2010 - 18:16 by Main.JustinSchaefer
- put it back