For WHM version 11.40
(Home >> Service Configuration
This feature enables you to configure a number of services. Services, most often, run as daemons in the background of your web server. Daemons often appear as processes whose names end with ‘d’; for example,
is the name of the SSH
- Bandmin Password — Bandmin is a set of Perl scripts designed to monitor and log bandwidth usage by IP. To access Bandmin, you can type
www.example.com/bandwidth into your web browser (where
example.com is meant for your domain name).
- Exim Configuration Manager — This set of features helps configure Exim. Exim is a mail transfer agent included with cPanel. Mail transfer agents are responsible for sending and receiving email messages.
- Manage Service SSL Certificates — Using this interface in WHM, you are able to access a number of features to install new certificates to your web server or reset your server’s certifications (clear the certificates).
- Nameserver Selection — This feature allows you to select BIND or NSD as your nameserver software, or to disable the nameserver. It is recommended that you do not start your nameservers unless you plan to use them.
- PHP Configuration Editor — PHP is a scripting language that takes code as input to generate web pages. You are able to use the WHM interface to configure your PHP settings. Your users will be able to view this PHP information in their cPanel’s PHP Configuration section. There are 2 versions of the PHP configuration editor: a basic one that is opened by default when this feature is accessed, and an advanced editor that can be accessed by clicking the Switch to Advanced Mode button at the top of the screen.
- Service Manager — The Service Manager is a list of daemons that can run on your server. This feature allows you to select which daemons you would like to enable and which of the enabled daemons you would like to monitor.
Topic revision: r14 - 25 Jan 2013 - 22:04:28 - Main.LaurenceSimon