This document provides a road map for cPanel, Inc.'s use of the locale
- Update the back-end to use
- This was done in the first EDGE release of September 2009.
- Outline the procedure for working with phrases. This is rather important because:
- We must reuse phrases (i.e., avoid writing different phrases that say the same thing).
- It must be very easy to check existing phrases to see if we already know how to say what we are wanting to say.
- It must be very easy to get new phrases added.
- We must be able to easily create utilities to monitor coverage, quality, etc.
- It must be a process that works, not only for cPanel development and translators, but also for the public and third-party developers.
- Start using
Cpanel::Locale in new code, as per the process decided upon in the previous step.
- Replace legacy use with
- This involves replacing old functions, formatting, and legacy keys with calls to
maketext() and the new-style keys and arguments. For example, changing:
<cpanel langprint="ObscureKey1"><cpanel print="$DOMAIN"><cpanel langprint="ObscureKey2"> to
<cpanel Locale="maketext("The domain '[_1]' has been set up.",$DOMAIN)">
Topic revision: r2 - 01 Oct 2009 - 19:39:55 - Main.JustinSchaefer
CpanelLocale.RoadMap moved from Sandbox.RoadMap on 01 Oct 2009 - 19:39 by Main.JustinSchaefer
- put it back