cPanel Locale Documentation
These documents pertain to cPanel's system for displaying languages, current as of cPanel 11.25.0+. The locale
system replaces the deprecated lang tag
About incomplete translations
- Introduction — Read a basic introduction to working with our locale system.
- Changes in Usage — Learn the differences between the deprecated lang tag system and the current locale system.
- Basic Usage — Read basic information about working with the locale system.
- Consistency Notes — Learn how to create consistent translations with the locale system.
- About Charsets and Encoding — Learn why we have opted to standardize cPanel’s localization system on
- Troubleshooting — Obtain quick fixes and common solutions to help you troubleshoot your locale data.
- Fixing Garbled Text — Learn how to fix the problem of corrupted data appearing in your browser.
- Fixing Garbled Language and Territory Names — Find out why some language and territory names may appear garbled in menus, and how to fix it.
- Bracket Notation Cheat Sheet — Refer to this information when you are working with bracket notation.
- Road Map — Read about our plans and goals with the locale system.
- The maketext() Function — Learn how to use
maketext() in API1 and API2.
- XLIFF? — Learn more about how cPanel uses XLIFF in our locale system.
: When you choose a language other than English, you may still see English text in some areas of cPanel. We are still working on providing 100% translation coverage, so there is no need to report untranslated cPanel interfaces.
The cPanel locale development blog
Read and subscribe to our blog to keep up with the latest development news about our Locale system:
cPanel's deprecated language system
These documents provide information about the cPanel lang tag
system, used before cPanel 11.25.0.
These documents do not
pertain to cPanel 11.25.0 and later
Topic revision: r19 - 08 Apr 2013 - 16:42:31 - Main.LaurenceSimon