Distributing EasyApache Profiles over Multiple Servers
You are able to move EasyApache profiles between servers. You may use any protocol you are comfortable with to transfer the profile.
The profile is located in /var/cpanel/easy/apache/profile/custom
and is called by the profile name that you have given it, plus the
Once you have configured a profile, you will need to move it to the /var/cpanel/easy/apache/profile/custom
directory on the new server.
You can use any available data transferring protocols you have at your disposal including, but not limited to, SCP, FTP, SFTP, or rsync.
For example, using the SCP command:
- From the command line, type: scp /var/cpanel/easy/apache/profile/custom/myprofile.yaml root@$IP:/var/cpanel/easy/apache/profile/custom/myprofile.yaml
- $IP is meant to stand for the IP address of the machine to which you wish to connect.
- If you are not using key authentication enter the password when prompted.
- The file will transfer to the /var/cpanel/easy/apache/profile/custom directory.
- Run the following command on the new server:
- /scripts/easyapache --build --profile=myprofile
- You may also copy custom configure flags and environment variables using the same method. Simply transfer them to the appropriate directory on the new server.
- You will also need to transfer the Apache profile's preferences file (/var/cpanel/easy/apache/prefs.yaml) to the remote server.
Topic revision: r8 - 10 Aug 2011 - 20:32:16 - Main.JustinSchaefer
EasyApache3.DistributingEA3Profiles moved from Sandbox.DistributingEA3Profiles on 08 Jun 2009 - 14:47 by Main.JustinSchaefer
- put it back