FrontPage is supported for all versions of Apache available through EasyApache, and all operating systems supported by cPanel.
For Apache 2.0 and 2.2, the fpexe
FrontPage binary is replaced with a copy of
, which collects the authentication tokens generated by mod_auth_passthrough
and does not require the SUID bit of a more traditional mod_frontpage
Most common FrontPage problems can be addressed by:
- Running /scripts/initsuexec
- Uninstalling and reinstalling the FrontPage extensions on the affected account.
- Checking for errors generated by visiting the FrontPage administration interface at
FrontPage on 64-bit Systems
The FrontPage binaries are compiled in 32-bit mode, so the underlying OS must support execution of 32-bit binaries. On most Linux systems, 32-bit compatibility libraries are installed by default and no special configuration is required.
On 64-bit FreeBSD® systems, 32-bit compatibility is not
installed by default. For FrontPage to function on these systems, the 32-bit compatibility layer must be installed.
To install 32-bit compatibility on a FreeBSD system:
- Rebuild the core operating system libraries, incorporating these commands:
- Rebuild the kernel if 32-bit support was not previously enabled.
Please carefully read the FreeBSD manual before attempting to enable 32-bit support on a 64-bit FreeBSD system. Upgrading the core OS in this fashion is a complex process and should not be taken lightly.
Topic revision: r5 - 08 Oct 2010 - 17:19:55 - Main.MelanieSeibert
EasyApache3.FrontPageSupport moved from Sandbox.FrontPageSupport on 08 Jun 2009 - 14:42 by Main.JustinSchaefer
- put it back