Standard PHP extensions
EasyApache has the ability to install, uninstall, and update several popular PHP extensions as part of the build process. When EasyApache runs, it will automatically determine which extensions are active in the main php.ini file at
Active extensions will automatically be selected in the EasyApache interface.
Rerunning EasyApache is not required in order to enable or disable the standard PHP extensions. cPanel now provides a tool called
that can also be used for the installation or removal of PHP extensions. For detailed information about this tool, run the following command:
- /scripts/phpextensionmgr --help
The concurrent DSO patch is incompatible with all of the following extensions:
- Suhosin® — The Suhosin extension for PHP is designed to protect servers and users from flaws in PHP scripts. It is highly configurable and recommended for administrators concerned about the security of their servers. Learn more at the Suhosin site.
- Zend® Optimizer — The Zend Optimizer is essential to many hosting providers. In addition to improving the performance of PHP scripts by optimizing PHP bytecode, it allows for the use of Zend Guard encoded scripts. Learn more at the Zend Optimizer site.
- ionCube® Loader — While it does not perform any caching or optimizing, this extension allows users to execute ionCube-encoded PHP scripts. Learn more at the ionCube Loader site.
- eAccelerator — This extension is an open-source PHP optimizer and cache. While eAccelerator can be loaded regardless of how PHP is handled, caching only works when PHP is served using DSO or using FCGI. Learn more at the eAccelerator site.
Topic revision: r3 - 08 Oct 2010 - 16:03:31 - Main.MelanieSeibert
EasyApache3.PhpExtensions moved from Sandbox.PhpExtensions on 08 Jun 2009 - 14:44 by Main.JustinSchaefer
- put it back