The Apache Web Server and cPanel & WHM
This documentation explains key points about the interaction between the Apache web server software and the cPanel & WHM system. It includes details about using the EasyApache in software installed by cPanel & WHM, which lets you customize your build of Apache.
You are not required to customize Apache and PHP with EasyApache 3. You may select one of our preconfigured profiles. If you choose to use one of our preconfigured profiles, Apache 2.2 and PHP 5.2.17 are installed by default. In this scenario, PHP is handled by suPHP by default.
- How httpd.conf Is Processed — This section provides a brief description of how the
httpd.conf file is processed by the AdvConfig build system.
- EasyApache and PHP — This section details the options for configuring PHP to work with Apache.
- Apache and PHP Customization — This section will show you how to tailor Apache and PHP to suit your needs.
- Custom Directives to httpd.conf — This area describes the process of customizing your Apache configuration file.
- Important: Avoid making direct edits to
httpd.conf, since your changes could be overwritten. In this section, we cover a number of methods that the EasyApache system makes available for customizing the
httpd.conf file. First, consider whether you will use the custom directive inside or outside of a VirtualHost directive.
- Custom Directives Outside of a Virtual Host — Here, you can learn how to add custom directives outside of a <VirtualHost> tag.
- Changes Contained Within a Virtual Host — This section describes the process of adding custom directives inside a <VirtualHost> tag.
- EasyApache Hook Scripts — This section provides information about hook scripts you can create to perform actions at certain points in the EasyApache build process.
- FrontPage® Support — This section provides a few fixes for working with FrontPage on an EasyApache system.
- Known Issues — A brief description of known issues and fixes.
Topic revision: r16 - 14 Mar 2011 - 20:45:46 - Main.JustinSchaefer