section will allow you to break down your licenses/customers into different groups for easier viewing. This area can be especially useful for managing customers who own large numbers of licenses. You can add new groups, edit existing groups, and list all groups you have set up.
The Groups section
This feature will allow you to add groups to your account for easier license management.
To add a group:
- Enter a Name.
- Enter an Agent.
- In the E-Mail field, type a contact email address.
- Enter a contact Phone Number for this group.
- Click Add.
The group name will be visible when searching licenses on http://verify.cpanel.net
. Keep this in mind when adding a group name.
There are a few other things to consider when adding additional groups, as they will determine how they are listed in the account.
This feature allows you to change data for a group you have created. Only groups associated with active licenses will be available from the list initially.
- Select the group you wish to edit from the drop-down menu.
- If you wish to view group names that do not have any active licenses, click Show Inactive.
- Edit the fields that need to be updated.
- Click Change.
As with the Edit Group
feature, List Groups
will initially show only groups that have active licenses associated with them. This interface also allows you to select a main group. The main group is the only group that shown in the Add License
interface without clicking the Show all groups
link. This feature is specifically useful for customers who only utilize one group. To select the main group:
- Click the appropriate radio button in the Main column of the List Groups table.
To view groups without active licenses, click the Show Groups
without activate licenses link.
For each group, Manage2 shows:
- The group name.
- The group's agent.
- The contact email address for the group.
- The number of licenses in each group.
From the list, you may also View
This option allows you to view licenses that belong to a specific group, as well as Expire
This link takes you to the Edit Groups
screen. You can read more about this feature in the Edit Groups documentation
This option allows you to remove a group from your account. To do so:
- Click the Delete option corresponding to the group you wish to delete from the List Groups screen.
- Note: You may not delete the group you have selected as your main group.
- If there are active licenses in the group you are trying to delete, Manage2 will ask to which group you wish to move the licenses.
- If you do not wish to move the licenses, you will need to expire the licenses using the View option in List Groups prior to deleting the group.
- Click the Delete Group button to complete this process.