cPanel Plugins Installation Instructions
(Home >> Development >> cPanel Plugin File Generator)
This document describes how to install a cPanel Plugin and confirm that it is functional.
: You must run all commands described below as the
user. Otherwise, the commands will execute, but they will not run successfully.
How to Generate an Installation File
To install your cPanel Plugin, you need an installation file to provide configuration data for the interface.
- For cPanel & WHM version 11.40 and later, you can generate an installation file with the cPanel Plugin Generator interface in WHM.
To generate an installation file within the cPanel Plugin Generator
interface in WHM:
- Navigate to (Home >> Development >> cPanel Plugin File Generator).
- Enter the name of the plugin in the Name of the Plugin text box.
- Enter a description for the module in the Plugin Description textbox.
- Select the Feature Manager checkbox for module will be an option in the Feature Manager.
- Select the icon group in which the module icon will appear.
- If the module icon will appear in a new icon group, enter the new icon group name in the Name of a new icon group to display textbox.
- Enter a Display Order rank. The default value is
999, which will place your plugin's icon last in display order.
- Enter the Plugin URL Access. This URL is relative to
/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/THEME_NAME/ where THEME_NAME is the name of the theme in use.
For example, if you enter
example in the field, the Plugin URL Access will be located at
- If you wish to have any additional HTML tags within the
a href link for the plugin, enter the Anchor Content.
- If you wish to have any additional HTML tags for when you click on the link for the plugin, enter the On Click Event.
- Click Choose File to select an icon from your local computer for your plugin.
Note: The icon should be 32x32 and JPG or PNG format. Images that are not 32x32 in size will be resized to 32x32 automatically.
Note: The Plugin Generator does not support the use of transparent icons.
- Click Submit.
How To Install the Plugin
To install the plugin:
- Copy the install file to your server. We strongly suggest that you copy the file to the
After you run the register script, you will see various output. In this output, cPanel registers your Plugin with the different themes and branding packages on your server.
After the script runs, the Plugin will appear within the cPanel interface on the server.
How to Uninstall Plugins
To uninstall a plugin, run the following command as
via the command line:
How to Rebuild cPanel's Icon Sprites
If the plugin icon does not show up in the interface, or if you modify the icon, you must rebuild cPanel's icon sprites.
To rebuild cPanel's icon sprites, run the following command as
via the command line:
The cPanel Plugin Generator is not compatible with transparent images.
Topic revision: r9 - 19 Sep 2013 - 15:38:11 - Main.LaurenceSimon