For cPanel & WHM 11.30
Our LiveAPI implementation is a set of environments you can access from within a cPanel & WHM plugin or application. Each environment provides a way for your scripts to interact locally with the cPanel binary,
. This allows you to make API 1 and API 2 calls to the local machine via the socket.
Each class is an out-of-the-box environment that provides common elements for integrating with cPanel & WHM. When using these environments, API calls are executed by the system's user and may fail if asked to perform a task for which the user has insufficient permissions. The same rules apply to the LiveAPI as apply when using API tags (API 1
) or calls with our Remote API (XML/JSON API
Before using LiveAPI, you must:
- Include the appropriate environment in your code and instantiate the respective class's object.
- End file names with the appropriate file extension:
.live.php — The extension for the LiveAPI PHP class.
.live.pl — The extension for the LiveAPI Perl module.
- Place your scripts in
/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/$THEME. The system permits you to use symlinks.
- Note: You will need to replace
$THEME in the example above with your theme. (
x3 in most cases.)
If you are using an earlier version of cPanel & WHM, this same technology is provided by a precursor, LivePHP?
. This implementation is specific to the PHP programming language only.
Available LiveAPI environments
The documents listed below correspond to LiveAPI environments that are currently available through cPanel & WHM. Future development and documentation will provide more environments and examples related to popular programming languages for the web.
- The LiveAPI PHP Class — This is a PHP implementation of cPanel & WHM's LiveAPI environment. This document provides a set of basic instructions and examples for working with the LiveAPI PHP class. You can find this PHP class at
/usr/local/cpanel/php/cpanel.php. An example script ships with cPanel & WHM and can be found at
- The LiveAPI Perl Module — This is a Perl implementation of cPanel & WHM's LiveAPI environment. This document provides a set of basic instructions and examples for working with the LiveAPI Perl module. You can find this Perl module at
/usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/LiveAPI.pm. An example script ships with cPanel & WHM and can be found at
cPanel & WHM 11.32's LiveAPI implementation also supports the following language environments; however, cPanel does not currently provide classes for them:
- Ruby —
- Python —
- CGI —
- Note: You can use the LiveAPI Perl Module with the the CGI environment. An example script ships with cPanel & WHM and can be found at
Topic revision: r4 - 13 Jan 2012 - 15:57:18 - Main.JustinSchaefer