Email Accounts v82
Valid for versions 82 through the latest version
Use this interface to add, manage, and delete email accounts.
This interface consists of the following:
- The account’s email account quota status.
- The search bar and its filter options.
- The Create an Email Account interface button.
- The the Email Accounts table.
Email account quota status
This status box provides details about your email account quotas. It displays the total number of email accounts you can create. It also lists the current number of created email accounts.
- The infinity icon (∞) means that your account has an unlimited quota.
- The total number of accounts does not include the default email account.
- Some hosting providers allow their users to purchase quota increases. When this is available, the interface will display the Buy More link in this box.
Create an Email Account
To create a new email account, click Create. A new interface will appear. It displays the account creation options, as well as your account’s quota status. For more information, read our Create an Email Account documentation.
The email accounts table
This table lists all the email accounts on your cPanel account. You can also perform the following functions:
- Use the search bar to find a specific email account. You can also filter the table’s results by one the following options:
- Restricted — Display only the accounts with a restriction.
- Default Account — Display only the Default () account. This is the main account. It is the username that your hosting provider used to create your account.
- Exceeded Storage — Display only the accounts that are over their storage quota.
- Click a column’s heading to sort the results of the table by that heading. The table will sort the list in ascending or descending order.
- Click the gear icon () to select the number of entries you want to display per page. You can also refresh the table results.
This table displays the following:
- — Select this checkbox to mark an email account for bulk actions. You can also select all email accounts with the checkbox at the top of this table. For example, use this to select several email accounts, then click Delete to remove them.
You cannot use this action to select the Default account.
- — Click this icon to display more information about an email account. This will display the following information:
- Restrictions — This lists the account’s restrictions, if any exist.
- Delete — This action will permanently delete all mail and data for the account. After you click Delete, a confirmation message will appear. Click Delete to remove the account.
Warning:You cannot revert this action.Note:
These options do not appear for the Default account.
- Account @ Domain — Click Account to sort the list alphabetically by account name. Click Domain to sort the list alphabetically by domain name.
- Restrictions — This column displays whether there is a restriction for the account.
- Storage: Used / Allocated / % — Click the Used, Allocated, or the percent symbol (%) label to sort the table. These labels are the amount, the limit, and the percentage of disk space data quota usage.
- The actions column — This column lets you to modify an email account’s mail, check its mail, or connect a device. For more information, see the actions column section below.
The actions column
This section of the table lets you manage your email accounts. You can perform the following actions:
- Check Email — This feature lets you check an email account’s mail. Click Check Email by the corresponding account. A new interface will appear that displays the account in Webmail.
- Manage — This feature lets you edit an existing email account. There are two types of email accounts: the Default email account, and all other email accounts. There are separate interfaces for both types of email accounts. Click Manage by the account that you want to modify. A new interface will appear. For more information, read our Manage Email Accounts documentation.
- Connect Devices — This feature lets you easily configure a mail client to access a cPanel email address. Click Connect Devices by the account you want to configure. A new interface will appear. For more information, read our Set Up Mail Client documentation.