Global Email Filters
Valid for versions 82 through the latest version
Last modified: October 7, 2019
This interface allows you to configure how your server filters all of the email that your domains’ email accounts receive.
We strongly recommend that you use multiple, simple filters instead of a single large filter. Exim, the server’s mail transfer agent, handles many small rules more efficiently than it handles on large rule.
Generally, the recipient does not receive the BCC field in an email’s header. For this reason, you cannot use the BCC field in a filter.
To create a new filter, perform the following steps:
- Click Create a New Filter.
- Enter the filter’s name in the Filter Name text box.
- Configure your filter’s rules and actions.
For more information, read our How to Configure Mail Filters documentation.
- Click Create.
The Current Filters section lists all of the account-level filters for your cPanel account.
Edit a filter
To edit an existing filter, perform the following steps:
- Click Edit next to the appropriate filter name.
- Make the desired changes to the filter.
- Click Create.
Delete a filter
To delete a filter, perform the following steps:
- Click Delete next to the appropriate filter name.
- Click Delete Filter.
Test a filter
To test your filter, perform the following steps:
- Enter a test email message in the Filter Test text box.
Make certain that your test message includes the characters or words to filter.
- Click Test Filter. The Filter Trace Results text box indicates whether your filters alter the test message’s delivery.