MultiPHP Manager for cPanel v82
Valid for versions 82 through the latest version
cPanel’s MultiPHP Manager interface allows you to easily manage your account’s PHP configuration. In this interface, you can manage the PHP version or pool option of any virtual host.
- The system PHP version refers to version of PHP that functions as the global default for all accounts. Only the system administrator can set the system PHP version. Any primary domain that is set to Inherit uses the system PHP version. For more information, read our PHP Inheritance documentation.
- PHP FastCGI Process Manager (PHP-FPM) is an alternative PHP module that allows a website to handle strenuous loads on sites. PHP-FPM maintains pools (workers that respond to PHP requests) to accomplish this. These pools of workers allow the website to handle more requests than it normally could.
List of domains
In EasyApache 4, each domain or virtual host can use any currently-installed PHP version or currently-installed PHP-FPM setting.
The list of domains displays the following information:
- The name of the domain.
- The PHP version that the domain currently uses.
- An Inherited label, if the domain inherits its PHP version from the system PHP version.
- A PHP-FPM enabled () or disabled () indicator.
- Parked domains represent aliases for a primary domain. The system does not list parked domains.
- System administrators can enable or disable PHP-FPM through WHM's MultiPHP Manager interface (WHM >> Home >> Software >> MultiPHP Manager).
Use the Search text box to search domains by domain name or account name.
Set the PHP version for a domain
To change a domain’s PHP version, perform the following steps:
- Select the checkbox for the domain that you wish to change.
- Select the desired version of PHP from the PHP Version menu. To
always use the system default, select inherit.
If you set your PHP version to inherit, the system will not allow you to set PHP-FPM. You must select a PHP version other than inherit to enable PHP-FPM on a domain.
If the PHP version that you want to use does not appear, that PHP version is either not installed on the server or is not available for your account.
If your system administrator limited your domain’s PHP version, then you cannot use this interface to restore the domain’s PHP version to its original version.
- Click Apply. The system will change the selected domain’s PHP
When you change the PHP version for your domain and FPM is enabled, the system changes your FPM version to match the PHP version. If FPM is not enabled on your domain, the system changes the PHP and FPM versions separately.
If you enable FPM on your primary domain and then change that domain’s name, the system will disable FPM for the new domain. Your system administrator or hosting provider must reenable FPM on the new domain if you wish to use FPM for the new domain.