For cPanel & WHM 11.46
(Home >> Account Functions >> Create a New Account)
Create a New Account
The Domain Information section of the Create a New Account interface defines basic settings for a user’s account.
To set up the domain, perform the following steps:
Enter the domain name for the new account in the Domain text box (for example,
You can create users with domains that are subdomains of your own. For example, if your domain is
example.com, you could assign the
username.example.comsubdomain to a new account for the
- Enter the username for the new account in the Username text box.
You must choose a username that contains 16 characters or less. The first eight characters must be unique on the system to prevent issues with database prefixing and account transfers. The username must contain only letters and numbers. The username cannot start with a number or the string
- MySQL® imposes this limitation, because each cPanel user is also a MySQL user.
Enter and confirm the new password in the appropriate text boxes.
- The system grades the password that you enter on a scale of 100 points. 0 indicates a weak password, while 100 indicates a very secure password.
- Some web hosts require a minimum password strength. A green password Strength meter indicates that you met the required password strength.
- Click Password Generator to generate a strong password. For more information, read our Password Generator documentation.
- Enter the main contact email address for the new account.
- Continue to the Package section.
New users need the username and password that you enter here in order to log in to their cPanel accounts.