For cPanel & WHM 11.46
(Home >> DNS Functions >> Edit Zone Templates)
This interface allows you to edit the templates that cPanel & WHM uses to create DNS zone files for new domains. This feature is useful if you have a custom DNS configuration.
To edit a zone template, perform the following steps:
- Click the template type that you wish to edit. You can choose from the following template types:
- simple — Edit zone file templates for domains that only have an A entry.
- standard — Edit zone file templates for domains on a dedicated IP address, addon domains, or parked domains.
- standardvirtualftp — Edit zone file templates for domains on a shared IP address.
- The zone file template will appear. Make the desired changes to the file.
- For more information about the available DNS zone template file variables, read the Variables section below.
- Click Save.
You can use the following variables within DNS zone template files:
|The version of cPanel & WHM.|
|The name of the domain that the system will create.|
|The domain's Time To Live (TTL).|
|The nameserver's TTL.|
|The contact email address.|
|The zone record's serial number.|
|The primary nameserver's hostname.|
|The secondary nameserver's hostname.|
|The tertiary nameserver's hostname.|
|The quaternary nameserver's hostname.|
|The primary nameserver's IP address.|
|The secondary nameserver's IP address.|
|The tertiary nameserver's IP address .|
|The quaternary nameserver's IP address .|
|The domain's IP address.|
|The domain's FTP server's IP address.|