For cPanel & WHM 11.46
For cPanel & WHM 11.46
(Home >> Account Information >> View Bandwidth Usage)
Bandwidth is the amount of information that is transferred to and from your server. For example, if your domain sends 5 MB of information to a visitor's computer, you have used 5 MB of bandwidth.
This bandwidth monitoring tool monitors traffic from HTTP (browser traffic), FTP (files transferred), SMTP (sent mail), and POP3/IMAP (received mail). This may cause some discrepancies between the information that WHM provides and the information that log processing programs (such as AWStats, Webalizer, or Analog) provide. To learn more about this, read our documentation about bandwidth discrepancies.
It is also important to note that parked domain bandwidth is included in the main domain’s bandwidth measurements.
Viewing the Bandwidth Usage list
This feature is a simple list, sorted month to month, that shows you a number of columns that display information about bandwidth in a form that is easily readable.
- User — Displays the account name.
- Domain — Displays the main domain name of the account.
- Xfer — Displays the bandwidth that has been consumed.
- Limit — Displays the limit imposed on the bandwidth consumption for a particular user.
- Usage — Shows the percentage of bandwidth used that has been allocated to a user.
- Subdomains that have not transferred information will not be shown in the list.
- You will need to use the bandmin application to track traffic from IRC servers, game servers, or other types of servers. You can access bandmin at
example.comstands for your domain.
Navigating the Bandwidth Usage page
This feature allows you to navigate through the bandwidth records month by month when you click the two links at the top of the interface. The Last Month link on the left will access last month’s bandwidth consumption records. You are also able to use the Next Month link to navigate forward through the records.
You may display your bandwidth consumption records in Megabytes, rather than by best fit, when you click the Show Units in Megabytes button at the top of the interface. To return to the previous view, displayed as it best fits the chart (the default setting), click the Show Units with Best Fit button.
To sort accounts, click the header of any column in the list. For example, you can list accounts alphabetically by domain when you click Domain. To reverse the list, click Domain again.
- To view only accounts that belong to a particular reseller, click the check mark ( ) next to the reseller’s name.
- To edit an account’s bandwidth limit, click the edit icon ( ).
- Apparent Discrepancies in Bandwidth Usage Statistics — This document explains the differences between the different bandwidth measurement methods available in cPanel & WHM.