For cPanel & WHM 11.46
(Home >> Locales)
Use WHM's Locale Editors interface (Home >> Locales >> Edit a Locale) to edit locale configurations or create a non-standard locale for your server.
- A standard locale is a language with data in the .
- A non-standard locale is a language with no data in the CLDR.
The WHM locale editors
WHM includes three locale editors. Each editor allows you to edit an individual locale.
Locale Editor – Live Mode
To view the cPanel interface and make edits directly to the locale, use the Locale Editor — Live Mode.
This tool requires that you have a reseller account with all of the features enabled. Otherwise, you cannot edit all of the language tags.
Locale Editor – Bulk Mode
The Locale Editor — Bulk Mode allows you to view all of the available text to edit for a locale, in list form. Use this feature to ensure that all of the translated phrases appear in their correct locations in the cPanel user interface. The system will not overwrite any previously translated phrases when the Cpanel::Locale database updates.
- We recommend that users edit locales with the Locale Editor – Bulk Mode.
- We do not recommend that you edit the XML locale file directly.
Non Standard Locale Configuration
The Non Standard Locale Configuration allows you to configure data for a non-standard locale. The system adds the prefix
i_ to the names of these locales. These tags are standard ways to create, identify, and work with non-standard locales.
Create a new locale
To create a new locale, you must first copy an existing locale in WHM's Copy a Locale interface (Home >> Locales >> Copy a Locale).
After you copy the locale, edit the new locale in WHM's Edit a Locale interface (Home >> Locales >> Edit a Locale).
- The system automatically saves any edits to the locale's text in the editors to the locale file when you click Save changes with each edit.
The interface will present you with the option to download a copy of your locale at this time. However, we recommend that you open the locale directly in the Edit a Locale interface.
- Delete a Locale — This document explains how to delete a locale.
- View Available Locales — This document explains how to view available locales.