For cPanel & WHM 11.48
(Home >> Security Center >> ModSecurity™ Vendors)
The ModSecurity™ Vendors interface allows you to install and manage your ModSecurity vendors.
You must install the ModSecurity Apache module in order to use this feature. To install the ModSecurity Apache module, use WHM's EasyApache (Apache Update) interface (Home >> Software >> EasyApache (Apache Update)).
The system loads the
/usr/local/apache/conf/modsec2.user.conf file as an include.
- In previous versions of cPanel & WHM, EasyApache used this file as the default ruleset.
- This file's rules may still affect the way in which ModSecurity functions, which may result in false positives on your system.
- If you see many false positives, check this file for custom rules.
Add a ModSecurity vendor
To add a ModSecurity vendor, perform the following steps:
- Click Add Vendor.
- In the Vendor Configuration URL text box, enter the URL for the ModSecurity vendor.
Click Load. The Vendor Name, Vendor Description, Vendor Documentation URL, and Vendor Path text boxes automatically load vendor data.
After you confirm that the vendor data is correct, click Save.
- To add a vendor in a disabled state, deselect the Enabled checkbox.
- When you add a vendor, the interface prompts you to enable or disable each of the vendor's configuration files. You must enable the vendor's configuration files in order to use the vendor's rules.
To manage these functions from the command line, run the following script as the
Install a ModSecurity vendor
To install a cPanel-provided ModSecurity vendor, click Install for that vendor, and then click Install and Restart Apache.
Enable or disable a vendor
- To enable a vendor, click On in the Enabled column for that vendor.
- To disable a vendor, click Off in the Enabled column for that vendor.
Enable or disable updates
When you enable updates, the system retrieves new copies of the vendor metadata from the URL that you used during vendor installation. The system compares the downloaded metadata and automatically fetches and installs new versions of the rule set.
- To enable automatic updates for a vendor, click On in the Updates column.
- To disable automatic updates for a vendor, click Off in the Updates column.
Edit a vendor
The ModSecurity vendor rule sets group common rules into separate configuration files. To selectively enable or disable the configuration files, edit the vendor.
To edit a ModSecurity vendor, perform the following steps:
- Click Edit for the vendor that you wish to edit.
- Click Enable All, click Disable All, or click the toggle to enable or disable each configuration file.
Delete a vendor
To delete a ModSecurity vendor, locate the vendor in the list, click Delete, and then click Delete.