For cPanel & WHM version 11.50
Our Installation Guide documentation helps you through the installation process for new cPanel & WHM or cPanel DNSONLY servers. To avoid issues, make certain that you read all of this documentation carefully before you begin the process.
Before you install cPanel & WHM or cPanel DNSONLY, you must know the following information:
- We designed our software for commercial hosting. Therefore, we only license publicly visible, static IP addresses. We do not license dynamic, sticky, or internal IP addresses.
- We do not provide an uninstaller. After you install our software, you must reformat the server to remove it.
- Only install cPanel & WHM on a freshly-installed operating system.
- We recommend that you use the cPanel & WHM installer, which installs all of the services that it requires. If you install services before you install cPanel & WHM, you will encounter compatibility issues. When you install your operating system, deselect software package groups such as Gnome, KDE, or other GUI desktop environments.
- You must install a package handler such as yum. Default installations of CentOS and Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® include the yum package handler.
For more information, review the following documentation: