For cPanel & WHM 54
(Home >> Security >> SSL/TLS Manager >> Generate, view, or delete SSL certificate signing requests.)
This document describes functionality from cPanel's deprecated x3 theme. We strongly recommend that you use cPanel's current theme (Paper Lantern) instead.
- We removed the deprecated x3 theme from new installations in cPanel & WHM version 60.
- Make certain that you read the appropriate documentation version for your version of cPanel & WHM.
- For more information, read our What's My Version Number documentation.
- cPanel's Paper Lantern theme does not include certain x3 theme-specific features.
- For a complete list of Paper Lantern features, read our cPanel Features List documentation.
- If you need a feature that the Paper Lantern theme does not include, submit a feature request.
This feature allows you to generate, view, or delete a certificate signing request (CSR). You can also view and edit current descriptions and encoded private keys and decoded private keys.
Generate a new CSR
You must have or generate a key before you generate a signing request.
To generate a CSR, perform the following steps:
- Under the Generate a New Certificate Signing Request (CSR) heading, select the key from the Key menu.
- When you select a key, the View & Edit option appears. Click the link to view and edit the information for your private key.
- If the desired key does not appear in the menu, use the Generate a new 2,048 bit key option to generate new key. You can also add a new private key to the Private Keys section of the SSL/TLS Manager interface (Home >> Security >> SSL/TLS Manager >> Private Keys (KEY)). For more information, read our Private Keys documentation.
- Enter the required information in the text boxes below the Key menu.
- Click Generate.
Your hosting provider may require additional information.
Remove a CSR
To delete a CSR, perform the following steps:
- Under the Certificate Signing Requests on Server heading, click the Delete link in the Actions column next to the host. A new interface will appear.
- Click Delete CSR to confirm. A message of success or failure will appear.
- If you do not wish to delete the CSR, click Cancel.
Edit and view details about a CSR
To edit a description or view a CSR, perform the following steps:
- Under the Certificate Signing Requests on Server heading, click Edit & View in the Actions column next to the host. A new interface will appear that displays the description, the encoded CSR, and the decoded CSR.
- Enter any desired changes in the Description text box.
- Click Update Name. A message of success or failure will appear next to the Description text box.