For cPanel & WHM 54
For cPanel & WHM 54
(Home >> Advanced >> Network Tools)
This document describes functionality from cPanel's deprecated x3 theme. We strongly recommend that you use cPanel's current theme (Paper Lantern) instead.
- We removed the deprecated x3 theme from new installations in cPanel & WHM version 60.
- Make certain that you read the appropriate documentation version for your version of cPanel & WHM.
- For more information, read our What's My Version Number documentation.
- cPanel's Paper Lantern theme does not include certain x3 theme-specific features.
- For a complete list of Paper Lantern features, read our cPanel Features List documentation.
- If you need a feature that the Paper Lantern theme does not include, submit a feature request.
This interface contains tools to help you retrieve network information. For example, you can look up an IP address or trace the route from your computer to the computer that hosts your website.
The Domain Lookup tool executes the
host domain command, where
domain represents a specific domain. This command resolves an IP address from a specified domain name, and returns general DNS information about the server.
To look up a domain, perform the following steps:
- Enter the domain to look up in the Enter a domain to look up text box.
- Click Look Up.
The domain’s mail servers and IP address will display. You can also view the domain’s DNS information under the Zone Information heading.
The Trace Route function traces the route that your computer takes to access your website. This function displays how many servers through which your data passes before it reaches your website. This information also includes the amount of time that your computer requires to reach the server.
To trace the route to your server, click Trace. The interface will display the pathways that your computer follows to reach your server.
You can use this information to find problem servers within your path.