For cPanel & WHM version 56
(Home >> Account Functions >> Create a New Account)
Create a New Account
The DNS Settings section allows you to enable the new account's DKIM and SPF records. You can also configure which nameservers the new account’s domain will use.
Enable DKIM or SPF email authentication settings
To enable DKIM and SPF email authentication on this account, select the checkboxes that correspond to those settings.
- SPF uses a default record of
v=spf1 +a +mx +ip4:$mainip, where
$mainiprepresents your IPv4 address.
- If you add a custom SPF record to the appropriate DNS zone template, it overrides the Enable SPF on this account setting.
- The settings in theTweak Settings interface (Home >> Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings). interface (Home >> Accounts >> Create a New Account) override the server-wide DKIM and SPF settings that you set in WHM's
On servers that run CentOS 7, you may see a
named warning about the absence of SPF resource records on DNS.
- This warning is not relevant on CentOS 7 servers, because RFC 7208 deprecated SPF records. CentOS 7 servers use TXT records instead of SPF records.
- Red Hat 7.1 and CentOS 7.1 both contain
bind-9.9.4-23.el7, which is an updated version of BIND that complies with RFC 7208. To resolve this issue, update your operating system to a version that contains the updated version of BIND. For more information, read the the Red Hat Bugzilla case about SPF record errors.
Nameservers allow visitors to find a domain on the Internet. Choose whether to use your local nameservers or overwrite DNS zones.
Select the Use the nameservers specified at the Domain’s Registrar checkbox if a different server will host the nameservers for this account. This allows the new account’s domain to begin to propagate.
The nameservers that you select for the domain will appear in the Nameservers list.
Click the Overwrite any existing DNS zones for the account checkbox to check for DNS zones that may conflict. If the system finds a conflict, it overwrites the existing DNS zone, so that the new account’s domain can propagate.