Generate a New Certificate
To generate a self-signed SSL certificate, perform the following steps:
Under the Generate a New Certificate heading, select the key from the Key menu.
Enter the appropriate information in the Domains, City, State, Country, Company, Company Division, Email, and Description text boxes.
Domains, City, State, Country, and Company are required fields.
- Click Generate.
Self-signed certificates are reserved for intranet uses. To secure a public website, we recommend that you purchase and install a certificate from a trusted Certificate Authority. Consult your preferred search engine to locate an SSL provider.
Delete a certificate
To delete a certificate, perform the following steps:
- Under Certificates on Server heading, click Delete next to the certificate.
- Click the Delete Certificates button to confirm. A success or error message will appear.
Edit and view details about a certificate
To edit a description or view a certificate, perform the following steps:
- Under the Certificates on Server heading, click Edit & View next to the certificate.
- The interface will display the description, the encoded certificate, and the decoded certificate.
- In the Description: text box, enter your changes then click Update Description. A success or error message will appear.
Install a certificate
To install a certificate, click Install in the Actions column under the Certificates on Server heading.
For more information, read our Activate and Manage SSL on Your Website documentation.