(WHM >> Home >> Service Configuration >> FTP Server Selection)
This interface allows you to select an FTP server daemon, or to disable FTP services.
When you upgrade a server for which the FTP RPM's target is set to
unmanaged, problems may occur in the cPanel user interface. For more information, read our Restore cPanel & WHM management of all FTP targets on your server documentation.
How to select an FTP daemon
To select an FTP daemon for your server, perform the following steps:
- In the FTP Server column, select ProFTPD or Pure-FTPd.
- Select Disabled to disable FTP services.
- Click Save.
Pure-FTPd and ProFTPD
The following list offers comparisons between these FTP server daemons:
- Pure-FTPd typically provides faster FTP transfers than ProFTPD.
- Pure-FTPd does not display statistics in the statistics menu.
- Pure-FTPd supports virtual user quotas; ProFTPD does not.
- ProFTPD will display your bandwidth usage, allowing you to monitor the amount of bandwidth that FTP sessions use.